“Never again”

Jalapenos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #266 of 475 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've eaten at many authentic Mexican restaurants, but this is the first one I really didn't like. The flavor was bland and the presentation was lacking.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family and stopped here as a lunch stop on our drive down to the Florida gulf beaches. A bit off the beaten path from the interstate but we were looking for Mexican so we found Jalapenos through our GPS unit. We were glad we did. Bottomless chips and salsa (tasty by the way), very fast and friendly waitstaff and we had our food out in no time at all. We have three kids and they enjoyed watching the indoor fountain as we waited for our food to come out. Clean surroundings, not crowded around noon on a Saturday afternoon and the waiter even suggested a more cost friendly version of my fajita platter. My wife loved her shrimp cocktail and I need to mention that our waiter kept a perfect balance of attending to our few needs while not being in our face constantly. This place was a perfect stop and we plan to stop by again the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Make sure you like mexican cuisine before coming here! Food was great and staff friendly but if you like more "american" mexican cuisine this may be a bit much for you!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were looking for a Mexican restaurant and happened to see the Jalapeno's sign. It was later in the day - about 3:30 and the restaurant only had 2 other diners. We ordered the guacamole dip - creamy but with chunks of avocado - very good. My husband had the spicy burrito and I had one with peppers and onions which came with a guacamole salad and a choice of rice or beans. All were very good and very filling. The server had been patient as we took a little longer to look at the menu, and he was very nice about it. The bill was $27 for the two meals, the dip, and the entrees. We'll definitely go back when we're in town again. The only slight negative - if you don't like cilantro, you might not like the salsa which came with the chips.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The food here was good, but did not seem very authentic to me. The service was only average. Someone should've wiped down the area at the bar that I was sitting, or at least moved some of the glasses that were drying in front of me the entire time I was eating my meal.