“Great Service, Good Food”
Review of La Jolla

La Jolla
Ranked #39 of 475 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Visited after the move to the new building, VERY hard to find, you could at least put a sign on the door, if not on the building...Kinda like it is a secret that it is there. Once we found the place though, the food and dinner service was excellent. It was a slower paced service, which I like, the servers were not rushing you and actually kinda encouraged that you take your time. Food was well prepared, the Elk was awesome... The risotto I tried was perfect.. I will say the whipped potatoes that came with the elk are a little suspect, had consistency of instant potatoes and were nothing special.. the Mahi kabobs were also excellent as an appetizer.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Was at the new building last night 6-12-14 no sign up yet, so it was a little hard to fine. Fine dining NOT. People came in with shorts and sandals. Food was just okay. They act as if they print menu s daily, so watch the price on your bill, our traditional Ceasar salad that was $6.00 on menu, it was $10.00 on bill. The salad was warm, the dressing was not home made. Sorry but we was not impressed. We will stay with what we know. MIYAKO, IS JUST A FEW BUILDING DOWN, IT IS GREAT FOOD. Wait staff was friendly♥

we only went because most reviews was good:-(

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I think this is really a hidden gem in Montgomery. The food is really good and the service is excellent. The restaurant has an expansive lunch and limited dinner menu. This would be a great "date night" or "business" restaurant.

1  Thank ALtraveler334
Reviewed 19 August 2013

La Jolla is a fine-dining lunch and dinner restaurant in the heart of Montgomery's outdoor East Chase Mall. The decor is conservatively modern, a large main dining with tables to the left of the entrance, a large middle room primarily for group events, and an eat-in bar to the right. Reception is casual, not exceptional, but the service is much better. The waiters are very attentive and polite. La Jolla's lunch menu has an attractive variety of relatively light beef and seafood items with a soup and fine salads. The salmon and the hot chicken pot pie are favorites. I particularly enjoy lunch at La Jolla. The dinner menu is divided into "small plates," an eclectic variety of appetizers, smoked salmon is my favorite, "spring greens," several fresh salads -- please try the Caprese salad -- and "entrees," a limited number of dinner items, seafood, duck, lamb, and beef. All in all, I recommend that you try La Jolla. I think you will enjoy it.

1  Thank Review1965
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Went to La Jolla's for lunch with business associate. The restaurant has a real Manhattan feel and is the only one in Montgomery that does not allow children under 18. I love the tomato and feta tart with salad - my husband enjoyed the fish tacos. We both enjoyed the bread pudding for dessert. The dinner is a little pricey but the lunch is a terrific deal for the quality of the food and the cool atmosphere

2  Thank Mashbuds