“I got what I paid for.”

Home Inn & Suites Montgomery
Ranked #53 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
“I got what I paid for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed here because the cost was cheap.
Pros- The location was great for me. I felt safe here. It was quiet. The air conditioning system in my room worked perfect. The housekeeping comes every day. The rooms and building was clean. The rooms were nice size with a small fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable. I felt safe. And the best thing of all was the low price since I stayed for 8 days.

Cons- I killed 3 roaches in my room including one crawling on my bed while I was trying to sleep. I was DISGUSTED. The hallway and elevator smells like extremely awful body odor every single day. The staff didn't make me feel welcome. The shower curtain was extremely moldly and the worst part for me was how extremely early housekeeping came. They woke me up every morning. I did not pay for them to be my alarm clock.

Because of the price, I would stay here again. You get what you pay for. I hope your experience is better than mine.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank mm128340

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

You need a car, as this hotel is outside of Downtown Montgomery, but it's nice and quiet at night, even though it's right off the highway. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, and the king room was huge, with plenty of space for luggage. It was very well kept, with incredibly friendly and helpful staff, a pool that was divine to take a dip in at 9pm after a hot day, and plenty of free parking. It was a great stop along our road trip throughout the South and only 10-15 minutes from Downtown Montgomery. Restaurants and shopping were only five minutes up the road, too. Our rate included a free continental breakfast, which wasn't mega flash, but I didn't walk away hungry! The staff also noticed that we were coming and immediately went to refresh the coffee and bread. The only downside was that I noticed the toilet seat had not been cleaned properly. Other than that, I was pleased with what we got for the room rate, and I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: There is elevator access, so any room seemed to be like a good one. Perhaps ask for a room facing th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sbrooks1623
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Great price with motel coupon. $41.99.
Large breakfast area with free continental breakfast.
The room was large with a table, big frig and microwave.
It is a fairly new hotel. Needs some touchup on some
items-caulking and door trim painted.
It is in a good location right on Hwy 231 beside Holiday Inn before
you get to Montgomery.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SeenFiftyStates
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful receptionist.The hotel is quite new and the rooms are well equipped. The distance to Downtown is not bad but you really need a sat nav to get there and back. I would give it 7 poss 8 out of 10.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank FrankG1955
Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I agree with the other reviews, particularly "Could be really good..." It's lots of little things that add up to lessen the experience. TV's are old tubes without lineup, beds oversoft, breakfast is white bread, instant grits, coffee and captain crunch with little debbie cake. May fit the definition of someone else's breakfast, but not my typical. Michelle, the front desk employee, was great and very welcoming. Room was clean. Bathroom soaps/shampoo was the smallest I'd ever seen (but I bring my own). Shower head was a 99c model that did not create any pressure and water kind of just falls out of the head... Sometimes, it's the little things that add up to a great experience or just an OK one. This was definitely ok and a place to crash while on the road but that's about it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank wmhaynes
Shallotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel itself was fine. It is fairly new, but you can really tell it is being run as an economy hotel. They need to keep up with the maintenance. Small things like proper caulking in the bathroom and wrinkles in the carpets are noticeable. The bed was comfortable, tv was old style with no channel line-up available. The room itself was large. The breakfast was a joke. Some "little debbie" type honeybuns and a loaf of white bread for toast.
I will stay again because for the price, 38.99 with coupon, it was worth the money. If after another year or so the maintenance it not kept up properly then it may fall into a place not to stay, but for now it's good for the money.. Front desk girl was great...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bobbie B
honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

When I arrived it was late and the rep at the desk was very friendly and bubbly. She ensured I was oriented to my room and all the amenities to include breakfast. Nice sized room!
I found a used washrag under the sink, not happy about that but was happy about the customer service reps concerned mannerism. Thank You.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business