“Nice location”

Sleep Inn & Suites East Chase
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel sits minutes from EastChase Shopping Center. There are plenty of restaurants and shops in the immediate area. As far as the hotel goes front-desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room (including the bathroom) was nice and clean. My only complaint was that the bed was rather hard and the pillows were small and square. We did eat breakfast in the lobby the morning of our departure and while it was somewhat lacking in offerings it did suffice our needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Note: This review is of a stay in December 2013 and an attempted stay in February 2014.

The good: The location is the best thing about this hotel. It is in East Chase shopping center in the best part of Montgomery. It is close to shopping and restaurants.

The bad: We stayed in December 2013 for about a week visiting family, so we speak with some authority when it comes to reviewing this property. Every single day, the breakfast was exactly the same. I would like to say that the quality of the breakfast was good, but it wasn't. The young lady who worked the breakfast area was very nice, and it's not her fault that the breakfast isn't better.

We thought we might take advantage of the advertised free evening "meal". We were informed that it was the same every night that it's offered. It was hot dogs and potato chips.

Most of the front desk staff does not act too terribly interested in assisting guests. Friendly is not a word I would use to describe this crew.

The worst (On my reviews I usually make this section "The Best" that a hotel has to offer, but I just couldn't in this case.):

In February I made a reservation for this hotel online. (It wasn't great the first time, but the price wasn't bad, and it was a short trip, so we thought we'd give it a try again.) I called the hotel the day before to tell them that we need to be as far from smoking rooms as possible. The young lady that answered the phone said the rooms had not been assigned yet and she would take care of it.

Upon arriving, my husband and son unloaded our car while I waited in line to be assisted. The hotel was sold out and only one person was working the front desk trying to take care of everyone.

As I was handed our room keys, I was told that we were on the third floor. I asked if that was as far from smoking as possible. I was informed that that is actually the smoking floor! I was shocked.

The hotel was sold out, so we could not be moved to another room. My husband and son had to load all of our belongings back into the car. Thankfully, we were able to get a room at Fairfield Inn and Suites a stone's throw from this hotel. There was a level of professionalism there that you will not find at Sleep Inn Eastchase. Fairfield Inn and Suites was excellent, and I highly recommend that hotel.

I did speak to the manager the next day, and she did apologize for the inconvenience.

Please beware and consider paying just $20 more per night for a great hotel at the same exit.

Room Tip: If you have a special request, I would not talk to anyone except the manager, Amerika.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My Wife and I stayed here overnight on a trip to Biloxi, MS and were impressed with the hotel and staff. The room was very clean and the bed (king) was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was good and meet our needs and all was "hot". We will stay here again on our way to Biloxi, MS as there is a Costco close and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Was put up here for the night by my employer. Thought it must be cheap and close to work. Turned out to be very good. Friendly staff greets you. Invited into very nice lobby with fireplace going inside and outside by pool. They offered free wine, beer, and evening meal. My room had been upgraded to my surprise and I ended up with first floor suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 large bathrooms and full kitchen and living room and a dining table. Bed comfortable and was king size. Next morning the breakfast was very good and there was a very good attentive staff present. Impressed. Will stay again and bring wife because there is great shopping nearby as well as most of the big chain restaurants.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel and wanted to immediately give it 5 stars on trip advisor before I had even stayed the night. It was very clean with beautiful rooms and a walk in shower. I felt like the value was great. The beds sleep very good, and the sleep inn should be famous for their awesome showers! I was sort of "ify" (not a real word) about the attitudes of the staff that worked here though. I had some very minor issues in which I addressed with the company through a survey, and I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stopped in while driving for a quick stop. The price/value is above average to me. So many motels in the USA are no longer clean. This one was clean. Continental breakfast was good and serving started at 6AM on Saturday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple