“great price, great stay”

Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went to visit family and did not have reservations. The reception clerk was very helpful, getting the right room to fit our needs. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Overall we will be looking for a Staybridge Suites when we travel everywhere we travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ahpgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Brenda H,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites for your lodging needs and for a great review.
We are delighted to learn that our team and accommodations exceeded your expectations and that you will be looking for Staybridge Suites for your future hotel needs.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We only stayed one night, after visiting the nearby casinos, and so we were too late to sample the evening reception and can't comment on that. However, everything else at the hotel was A-1. We did arrive in time to enjoy the saltwater pool, which was awesome. The pool area was very family-friendly, also - with lots of chairs w/cushions, and tables - there is even an area near the pool that has an outdoor fireplace with lots of cushioned seating - very cozy and romantic, too. The free breakfast the next morning was plentiful and delicious - omelets, cereal, ham, bagels, pastries, waffles, juices, milks, coffee, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. The suite itself was much more than expected. We had a king-sized bed on the 4th floor with a lake view and pool view. Our room had a pull-out sofa, and desk with chair. Large, flat-screen tv with lots of channels to surf! The kitchen area had a full-size (though smaller) refrigerator, stove cooktop, microwave and a deep sink (furnished with plates, classes, cups, silverware, etc.). The bathroom had a separate vanity and a large tub/shower combo - spacious closet in the vanity area. Complimentary toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion) - very good quality, and also a hair dryer. Another neat perk - along with the standard free coffee and tea in-room, they also give you a complimentary pack of microwave popcorn. The most important things to me - 1) everything, every part of the property that we visited, was SO CLEAN, and 2) the staff was super friendly and helpful - very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and really seemed to enjoy their jobs. I was also impressed with the level of quiet in the property - no partying groups or noisy late-nighters interfering with your sleep and rest. Checkout was super fast and easy, as was check-in (we had booked on-line and had no problems at all, got a great rate, too). We did utilize the on-site pantry/convenience store - we bought two 20-ounce soft drinks - a little pricey at $4 for both, but again, you are paying for the convenience (and it was late and we were tired and didn't want to go out again). The pantry stocked a variety of soft drinks, juices and water; as well as a good variety of snacks (chips, nuts, crackers, even ice cream!) and also travel items that you may have forgotten. This was our first stay at a Staybridge Suites, and we will definitely look for them on our future travels!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor (top floor), had a view of the lake and the pool, and it was very, very q...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ahpgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear tud912,

Thank you for choosing our Montgomery EastChase Staybridge Suites for your lodging needs and for a great review. We are pleased to learn that even though your stay was for a short period that you were able to experience and enjoy our facility and breakfast offerings. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with others.

Looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Exceptional starr at Staybrige Suites-Eastchase!!. best host ever De'Antry!! The staff at Staybridge Suites-Eastchase are some of the best around. From the front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance and the kitchen staff, everyone was very nice and made us feel at home. Would very highly recommend Staybridge Suites whether for a weekend stay, business trip or for anyone displaced from there home for 1 month like my family was.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pedro Alonso M,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites for your lodging needs and for an "Exceptional" review. We are honored to have you as our guest and appreciate your recognition of Mr. De'Antry and our entire team for exceeding your expectations.
Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is excellent. Front desk employees are friendly and call me by name. Rooms are clean and very roomy. Excellent for a long stay or short. We have stayed in this hotel for a annual trip for the past three year and do not intend to change those plans.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ahpgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear KCS S,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites EastChase for your lodging needs and for a fantastic feedback. We are delighted to know that you have been staying with us for "three years and do not intend to change those plans." Thank you again for your loyalty and kind words.

Looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This Staybridge is very nice! The hotel is clean and the breakfast was very nice. The front desk staff was exceptional especially Nadine. I would definitely recommend this property. They also have a very nice pool and it's situated by a beautiful Lake.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Crystal K,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites for your lodging needs and for your feedback. I will definitely share your kind words with Ms. Nadine.
Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The staff at Staybridge Suites-Eastchase are some of the best around. From the front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance and the kitchen staff, everyone was very nice and made us feel at home. Would very highly recommend Staybridge Suites whether for a weekend stay, business trip or for anyone displaced from there home for 2 months like my family was.

• Stayed: March 2014
Ahpgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear mseithalil,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites EastChase for your lodging needs and for an exceptional feedback. We are so pleased to learn that our entire team made you and your family "feel at home" during your stay with us.
Thank you again for being our guest and for sharing your experience with others.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites for the first time this Mother's Day weekend. I think this is a good hotel, but it could be SO much better with a few changes.

Things I liked:

1. The staff being friendly/welcoming.

2. Our TV and Internet didn't work, and the staff was up to fix the problem within 3 minutes. Best timing and service I've ever seen in terms of repair.

3. I *LOVE* the fact that you can schedule cleaning/housekeeping service (or not) for brief stays. This is ideal for me when I travel for work weekends and don't want to be disturbed. If the "not so great" things below get fixed, I could see myself staying at this hotel a lot more for this main reason alone.

4. You're the only hotel I've seen with soda in the breakfast bar area. Thank you! I don't drink coffee, I drink soda, so having that available was wonderful.

Things I didn't like:

1. No ice: There is no ice machine in the hotel. Only ice makers in the rooms, and when we checked in, there was no ice made. We arrived in the middle of a huge rain downpour, and all my mom and I wanted was a glass of wine with some ice to make it cool. We had our own bottle, as we knew your hotel didn't have a bar. But the ice machine wasn't set up, and when I asked if we could get a few cups of ice from the front desk, they said there weren't any ice machines, we would have to use the ice makers in the room.
***AHEM***. During the course of the whole weekend, the ice maker only made about 12 cubes!!!! That is not enough for a weekend. It was pouring rain outside and I didn't want to go back out and buy ice, nor should I have to as I'd just arrived at a hotel. Most hotels have some form of ice/vending. This was Friday afternoon, after driving for 3+ hours to get to your hotel, and I was the most tired, the most needing to relax with some chilled wine (via ice) and there was no ice to be had. This is SUCH an easy problem to fix, but your hotel didn't have a remedy.
Suggestion/complaint: I discovered that there is a soda/ice setup at the breakfast bar the following day. Why didn't someone offer to let us use a few cups of ice from the soda dispenser so we could have had ice? I understand you don't want everyone making a habit of this, but even your staff saw how horrible a downpour was outside and knew we couldn't just go back out and get ice on our own. It would have gone a long way in terms of good will/positive feedback and I would have rated this hotel higher had someone on the staff just made the effort to get us 2 small cups of ice. Drinking hot wine that afternoon was not fun.

2. Breakfast times are listed wrong. All literature says breakfast starts at 7:30 am on weekends. We were up earlier and hungry but waited until 7:30 to go downstairs, only to find the lobby full and hardly any seats while everyone was finishing their breakfast! We didn't get downstairs until 7:30, so when the heck did breakfast START? It was one of those things that was very noticeable b/c we were hungry and waited for what the time said, but apparently it was incorrect. Again, this is an easy remedy fix. Either don't let people start early, or advertise that your breakfast bar opens at an earlier time. I recommend that breakfast start at 7am on weekends and stick to that plan.

3. I understand dogs are allowed at this hotel, but you need a policy in place for those people who go off shopping and leave their yippy annoying dogs in the hotel to bark all day. I don't understand traveling with dogs and then dumping them in a hotel room all day anyway, but there needs to be a way to reach the owners so they can return to the hotel if the dog is acting up.

If the above 3 things could get remedied, I could see myself trying this place out again going forward. Normally I stay in another hotel in the area, but this past weekend it was sold out so I tried Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Author_Elaine
Ahpgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Author_Elaine,

Thank you for your review and please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We are grateful for your kind comments, especially regarding our team members, but we very much regret disappointing you in the three areas you mentioned. You are right - we certainly should have offered you ice when you asked our Guest Services Representative about ice machines. We routinely supply guests with ice from our kitchen ice machine because we make it a policy to empty the ice maker in each room in preparation for the next guest. We are also checking the refrigerator in your room to see why it only made a few cubes for you over the weekend. That is certainly not acceptable. I apologize for this and also for the confusion over breakfast. The breakfast hours on the weekends are indeed 7:30am to 10:30am, and 6:30am to 9:30am on weekdays. I am checking with our Breakfast Hostess to see if there was some unusual circumstance on that Saturday, or if she made a mistake and opened breakfast at 6:30am. And of course you are correct about pets needing to be taken care of and not allowed to disturb other guests. We do obtain contact information from all guests with pets and if we become aware of any disturbance we contact the guest immediately because every guest deserves a restful stay. I apologize again for these issues, and if you would allow us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Montgomery, I personally promise we will make every possible effort to ensure you enjoy a peaceful and comfortable stay. Respectfully, Michael. C. Modozie.