“Relaxed elegance and a warm welcome.”
Review of The Lattice Inn

The Lattice Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Maynard, Massachusetts, United States
“Relaxed elegance and a warm welcome.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Jim is a very gracious host and an excellent cook! Being greeted with warm nutbread and a clever scrabble hello is definitely the way to go. After going to dinner at a local Southern comfort food place Jim recommended, I curled up for the evening with his copy of the Sunday New York Times. In the morning he sent me on my way with a terrific breakfast. A delightful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Andy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Lattice Inn for two nights. It is a charming house in a very interesting part of Montgomery and the welcome and hospitality from Jim is second to none. He also makes a superb breakfast! I would highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie R
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I read the reviews about this place before I booked our travel and I was not disappointed. We were only in Montgomery for one night (we were just passing through on our way to Georgia) but I wish we could have stayed longer. Jim is the most gracious host and puts out a wonderful spread in the morning. Jim's little touches just make this place so special. Can't wait to go back when the weather is nicer so we can take a dip in the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We enjoyed our one night at The Lattice Inn - wish we could have stayed longer! The house is very charming and clean. The host was very flexible, kind, and welcoming. Thanks, Jim! We look forward to returning in the future!

Room Tip: The Sandpiper Suite was very nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 April 2014

How can we explain how perfect a place this was for our two day visit? After a spate of informative and prompt emails, we arrived at this charming B & B, and who would be sitting in the living room but old friends from 35 years ago? I can't guarantee the Jim arrange such a reunion for everyone, but I am certain that you will find the same level of charming and comfortable comfort, warm hospitality, informative tourism guidance (complete with names of friends who work at this or that museum or shop), and a delicious breakfast. Staying here really was like staying with an old friend. Once our old fiends had left ( frequent visitors at the Lattice who were just passing through), we enjoyed chatting with another couple who was staying there (their second visit,), and then joining them for dinner at a nearby spot they had discovered before. The second afternoon, we enjoyed hanging out on his great porch reading, planning and enjoying a cold drink one afternoon after a full day of touring before walking again back through the lovely residential neighborhood to the same restaurant. (We loved True!) Jim creates an easy, friendly environment, and we look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Two lovely rooms to choose from. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I just spent two nights at the Lattice Inn- it was lovely. Jim was warm and friendly, a real southern host! He left us banana bread the first night that was delicious and always made sure we had everything we needed. The location is perfect-- a wonderful neighborhood to walk in and an easy drive to all the Montgomery sights. I will definitely pass the word on to friends traveling to Montgomery. I lookforward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night in February 2014. Jim was so welcoming and friendly, we immediately felt at home. Since we were the only guests, we were upgraded to the largest room and it was beautiful. So luxurious.
The road and surrounding area was beautiful. It was everything we imagined. The breakfast was delicious and we'd recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple