“Wonderful host and home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lattice Inn

The Lattice Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Montgomery B&B and Inns
UK
“Wonderful host and home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I only stayed for one night, I wish I had stayed longer. Jim is a wonderful host and goes out of his way to make sure you have a great stay. He provided restaurant recommendations and what to do whilst in Montgomery.
The room i stayed in had a king bed and a wonderful bathroom with a roll top bath. All very comfortable.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JaneMUK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went to Montgomery to do some genealogy research at the Alabama Archives. Our daughter made the reservation based on a nice stay she previously had there. I was so pleased when I saw our large, luxurious and comfortable bedroom with a large adjoining bath both with all the amenities you could want. We were within walking distance of several first class restaurants for dinner one of which Jim, the proprietor, had recommended which turned out to be excellent. After dinner we enjoyed the front porch swing at the Inn before retiring for a quiet night's sleep on a comfortable bed. The breakfast we were served the next morning was outstanding, served in a lovely dining room, family style, with other guests who chose to eat at the same time. The location,very close to downtown Montgomery, could not have been better for visiting the Archives. I would definitely stay there again when visiting Montgomery.

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room on the main level. I did not see what the other rooms were like, but assum...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rennes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Lattice Inn offers quality accommodation in a pretty part of Montgomery and just five minutes' drive from downtown. The breakfasts are good and copious, and the proprietor – Jim Yeaman- does everything possible to make you feel welcome and comfortable- but without intruding. Staying at the Lattice Inn was a real pleasure for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kapolei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Southern hospitality at it's BEST! After residing in the Aloha State of Hawaii for over 12 years, I was skeptical about moving back stateside. The Lattice Inn was the perfect stop for a warm welcome back to mainland America! The accommodations, resources and service were outstanding!!! I truly felt like I was returning home... I walked in as a stranger and departed as a lifetime friend & customer of The Lattice Inn. My 10 year old son wanted to stay longer to enjoy the amenities, delicious breakfast and to play with the cats. Thanks for going above & beyond Jim and making our stay unforgettable & our transition smooth!

Stayed July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's been two years since I last stayed here but I still think of Jim's place fondly. My husband and I used to live 8 hours apart and would sometimes meet in the middle. I felt so much at home. He has a very comfortable living room. I remember studying for a hard exam in that room (I rocked it by the way) and he peeped in every now and then to see if I was hungry or needed anything. I felt like I was back at my grandparents house when they were still living. His warm environment brought back a lot of nostalgic memories. Jim provides a wonderful comfortable and clean place where you can relax and be yourself. He has a huge heart and kind disposition. I wish we had a reason to come and stay again. Thank you Jim!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I felt very well looked after at the Lattice Inn. Jim was a very considerate and friendly host and keen to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The house is in a great location in town and has everything I would expect from a B&B - comfortable room, breakfast, nice restaurants nearby etc. There is even a pool - very welcome on a hot day in Alabama. I would return here anytime if I came to visit Montgomery again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Clean, comfortable and eclectic. Great Garden district location on the edge of downtown. The inn keeper, Jim, is cordial, helpful and sees to all the details that make a room comfortable-and prepares a great breakfast to boot. Best restaurants in town are nearby and the entire neighborhood is full of architecturally interesting houses. Stay here-you will be glad you did.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple