The Lattice Inn B&B is by far the best way to enjoy The Heart of Dixie, for so many reasons:
1. The house is beautiful and tastefully decorated, and immediately gave me a feeling of being "home" in Montgomery. I had the good fortune of staying here for 5 nights, so I got to sleep in both rooms, like Goldilocks, and both were "just right" -- spacious, just the right temperature for a hot and humid August, and surprisingly quiet and comfy. The bathrooms have everything a person could ask for, and the bath towels were to DIE for!
2. A huge screened-in front porch with a porch swing and chairs that allows the lazy visitor to admire all the pretty flowers and shrubs in the front yard -- and this is the prettiest part of Montgomery, anyway, bar none.
3. The back deck, and gardens, and pool, and it's all so private and lush!!!
4. Within easy walking distance to the Best of Montgomery -- the best restaurants, the most interesting shopping (Apropos for gifts, Derk's Filet and Vine for wine and treats), and the most charming homes and gardens.
5. Actually less expensive than a top-notch hotel in this city, and none of those hotels could hold a candle to the accommodations and service I enjoyed.
6. Jim is the Crown Jewel of The Lattice Inn -- 5 or 10 minutes after meeting him, I felt we were old friends. I was offered a glass of wine upon my arrival, he gave me the tour, and we chatted and chatted during my stay, but always allowed me to have my own time, too. I never felt like I was a stranger in a strange house -- always felt welcome and at home, although no one makes me breakfast at home! The best coffee, too, and fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden for breakfast. I also snuck a muffin from the refrigerator for a midnight snack a few nights, and all I got when I confessed was a chuckle from Jim. A couple from England stayed for 2 nights, and I enjoyed seeing Jim make them feel at home, too. He truly has the best disposition and style to be a host. Charming, easygoing, not overbearing in the least, and a smart sense of humor. Tolerant, too. I'll definitely be back, and have recommended The Lattice Inn to all of my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lattice Inn is an award-winning and unique bed and breakfast nestled in the heart of Montgomery's historic Garden District, near the Governor's Mansion, and the intersection of I-65 and I-85, Since 1993, The Lattice Inn has provided an exceptional lodging experience in a tastefully updated 1906-era cottage. Guest suites feature free Wi-Fi, HDTV with AppleTV, fridge, microwave, DVD/CD player, MP3/iPod docking clock radio, hair dryer, and king-size bed. Other amenities include a business center, Koi pond, intimate garden areas, and a salt water pool (May- September). Guests seldom want to leave once they've been pampered by our thoughtful amenities and attention to detail throughout The Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Lattice Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.