“The Perfect Old/New South Experience”
Review of The Lattice Inn

The Lattice Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Taos, NM
“The Perfect Old/New South Experience”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

The Lattice Inn B&B is by far the best way to enjoy The Heart of Dixie, for so many reasons:

1. The house is beautiful and tastefully decorated, and immediately gave me a feeling of being "home" in Montgomery. I had the good fortune of staying here for 5 nights, so I got to sleep in both rooms, like Goldilocks, and both were "just right" -- spacious, just the right temperature for a hot and humid August, and surprisingly quiet and comfy. The bathrooms have everything a person could ask for, and the bath towels were to DIE for!

2. A huge screened-in front porch with a porch swing and chairs that allows the lazy visitor to admire all the pretty flowers and shrubs in the front yard -- and this is the prettiest part of Montgomery, anyway, bar none.

3. The back deck, and gardens, and pool, and it's all so private and lush!!!

4. Within easy walking distance to the Best of Montgomery -- the best restaurants, the most interesting shopping (Apropos for gifts, Derk's Filet and Vine for wine and treats), and the most charming homes and gardens.

5. Actually less expensive than a top-notch hotel in this city, and none of those hotels could hold a candle to the accommodations and service I enjoyed.

6. Jim is the Crown Jewel of The Lattice Inn -- 5 or 10 minutes after meeting him, I felt we were old friends. I was offered a glass of wine upon my arrival, he gave me the tour, and we chatted and chatted during my stay, but always allowed me to have my own time, too. I never felt like I was a stranger in a strange house -- always felt welcome and at home, although no one makes me breakfast at home! The best coffee, too, and fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden for breakfast. I also snuck a muffin from the refrigerator for a midnight snack a few nights, and all I got when I confessed was a chuckle from Jim. A couple from England stayed for 2 nights, and I enjoyed seeing Jim make them feel at home, too. He truly has the best disposition and style to be a host. Charming, easygoing, not overbearing in the least, and a smart sense of humor. Tolerant, too. I'll definitely be back, and have recommended The Lattice Inn to all of my friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I'm obsessed with B&Bs - refusing to stay in chain motels as much as possible so I do know my B&Bs! Lattice Inn is really wonderful - Jim [host] makes you as comfortable as a host possibly could - he will cater to whatever you need & feels more like a friend than the owner.. He also gives wonderful restaurant recommendations which is my other passion [dining out!]. The Inn is located on the edge of the historic Garden District that once had its heyday....Lattice is tucked back & appears almost modest on the outside....inside it reminds me of a charming European B&B. It is elegant, beautifully decorated, very homey and more compfortable than home. Breakfast is listed as "Continental" but it was way more than that....once again, Jim outdoes himself offering fresh tomatoes, hot coffee, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs.....and all sorts of cereals and other beverages so you can fill up fast. All I can say is i felt utterly at home & would consider making the 800 mile drive to Montgomery JUST to stay at the Lattice....now that says something!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Sometimes when reviews are a glowing as th ones for Lattice Inn you wonder if it's too good to be true - let me assure you dear traveller this is not only a charming place to 'sit awhile' but has a host, Jim, whose love of people and their well being, revealing a heart th size of the Missisippi! Look no further - this
place will stay with you as a restorative haven

• Stayed July 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2010

This B & B is above the rest. It is elegant and extravagant. The intimate touches that are in place to make sure that you are home away from home is just beyond words. My husband and I were looking for an intimate wedding anniversary trip and we found it here at The Lattice Inn. The breakfast is great with variety. No heavy foods, just good food for nutrition and energy. Just what we needed. We felt welcome as soon as we arrived. Just wonderful!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed 17 May 2010

. . . and i'd add only that i travel extensively, not only in the usa but around the world, and, again, i stress that the lattice inn is the best of all the bed and breakfasts i have ever stayed in, by unarguable margins.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Leander, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2010

From the moment we arrived the attractive landscaping ( even in Feb.), had my eyes wandering, searching for the proverbial apple pie cooling in the window, or an older fellow whittling on the porch. With the honest hospitality that Southerners are known for, owner Jim Yeaman greets us at the doorstep, offering refreshments, assistance, and "anything we might need". Inside we found a wonderful mix of the old southern charm mingled with a bit of modern flair. Evening was the hardest part of the stay!! It's not easy deciding whether to lounge on the plush furniture in the common area, or to enjoy quiet time outside. I could go on about the great rooms with large soft beds, the HD TV W DVD, stereo with MP3, incredible showers, and other things common to a stay. But the most important thing is, when Jim says "feel at home", he means it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Stayed two wonderful nights at the Lattice Inn and enjoyed every moment. The place is very charming and oh so comfortable and the hosts are willing to grant your every desire. The pool and hot tub are a plus, and the grounds and overall setting of the property create an extremely peaceful place. The magnificent oak tree is a powerful guardian over the entire property and one that any Celtic priest would worship. The garden offered me the most rewarding moments of deep meditation, esp. by the melodic pond with colorful fish swimming before my eyes. I didn't want to leave!!!
Ray