“Very Relaxing”
Review of Red Bluff Cottage

Red Bluff Cottage
Ranked #2 of 4 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was our first visit to a bed and breakfast and I must admit that it was enjoyable and relaxing. At first we were a little worried when we saw no TV in the bedroom but that change quickly because the scenary was so relaxing and my husband and I enjoyed each other. The chocolate coverd strawberries were amazing.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My family stayed with Bonnie and Barry while traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday. We felt very welcome and cozy during our stay. Our family stayed in the Gatsby Suite. The room was beautifully decorated (my husband has asked me to decorate our private bedroom similarly), I felt like I had traveled back in time. My husband and I appreciated the quiet neighborhood, large bedroom with the coziest bed we've ever slept on, the relaxing and well appointed bathroom, and the seperate "kids area". Our children (ages 15, 12 & 3) enjoyed playing dress-up, chess, swinging on the front porch, and watching a variety of wholesome movies in the common area. Our every need was met or exceeded. The "icing on the cake" was the fabulous breakfast! We also met many wonderful and interesting people during our stay. I highly recommend this B&B and will definately stay again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is a very well run and comfortable B&B - Good location for people who are traveling as it is easy to find. I had a short stay and the location was just great for getting about anywhere in the area. The Inn Keepers are organized and very helpful in giving directions and advice. Yes, the food is excellent. Almost reason enough to stay. Overall, this is one of the best B&B's I have visited among the many places I have sampled all over the US. I liked the city, and I hope to visit again - but ONLY if I can get a room at Red Bluff!

Room Tip: I had one of the rooms towards the front of the house and I thought it was just fine. The other roo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Bonnie and Barry of Red Bluff try and do as much for you as possible - their home is beautiful, very nicely appointed and decorated, and the breakfast - well, it was the best I've ever had at a B&B, let me tell you. A recent review had the area as sketchy - I did not find it so. I parked my very expensive 1940 Ford coupe that I was driving to Austin, TX, and had no issues what-so-ever. Those fears are unfounded in my opinion.

You cannot find nicer people than Bonnie and Barry, always willing to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I'd go there again in a heartbeat ....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This B&B is highly rated. As we arrived, I thought two things immediately: will our car be safe in this transitional neighborhood and; can I sleep (as a noise-sensitive person) surrounded by busy streeets? I wanted to leave as soon as I saw our room . Every inch had something old on it: antique clothes hanging on doors, dolls peering down at me from the tops of amoires, old stuff everywhere. As a minimalist,someone who adores white walls unadorned, this was Purgatory. The owner is nice woman but; not gracious when I wanted to ditch. The property was clean but the neighborhood is now sketchy. There were alot of empty homes and homes for sale surrounding Red Bluff Cottage. And just when I wanted a television to escape my angst, there are none in the rooms. If you are a lover of all Antique; if you love the stuff that is B & B;if you love a good pancake breakfast; this for you! If you like clean lines and pristine white wallls - run as fast as you can to La Quinta!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RugLord
RedBluffBNB, Owner at Red Bluff Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

At Red Bluff Cottage Bed & Breakfast, we appreciate all comments from our guests. We feel that two sentences taken from this guest's review truly describe Red Bluff Cottage. The sentence “This B&B is highly rated” is made valid by the many wonderful reviews by many appreciative guests. The second sentence is “If you are a lover of all Antique; if you love the stuff that is B & B;if you love a good pancake breakfast; this for you!” This is why guests stay at B&Bs … for the atmosphere, the comfort, the cleanliness, the coziness and at Red Bluff Cottage, the great breakfast.

These guests spoke with Bonnie before making the reservation. They explained that they travel with a service dog. We have a "No Pets" policy; but, we occasionally make exceptions in cases like this. (However, when these guests arrived, the need for the service dog was not apparent.) This was their only concern during the phone call, no other issues were mentioned.

Our website has very clear photos of each room, so they knew how the room was decorated prior to making the reservation. Our website also states that we are in Montgomery’s oldest residential neighborhood, Cottage Hill, near downtown Montgomery. Some houses are under renovation, which is good for the neighborhood. Occasionally, we hear a truck on the street. Many guests comment about how quiet the neighborhood is at night. Also, when making a reservation, our cancellation policy clearly states 72 hour notice. The vast majority of our guests appreciate not having a television in the bedrooms. In our common area we have a television for our guests.

After reading this review, we are puzzled as to why they would stay at any bed & breakfast? If they are looking for pristine while walls, they clearly need to stay in a “La Quinta” and not a bed and breakfast.

We do wish these guests (and all our guests) a very blessed Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Bonnie & Barry Ponstein
Red Bluff Cottage B&B

Reviewed 27 November 2011

We had a wonderful visit at the Red Bluff Cottage. Bonnie and Barry are warm and accommodating hosts, making sure we were comfortable and all of our needs were met. We stayed in the Great Gatsby room. It was lovely - a beautiful room - and the bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast each morning was delectable, and Barry and Bonnie were happy to accommodate our earlier than normal breakfast time. The table settings were lovely and the food was artfully prepared. Not a detail was missed.

Barry and Bonnie made our visit to Montgomery better than we could have imagined. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This is a lovely, warm, comfortable B&B very close to downtown. Barry and Bonnie are so welcoming and even willing to chauffeur guests to local restaurants. The rooms are clean and beautifully appointed. Breakfast was great! It is a lovely place to stay when visiting Montgomery.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business