“Awesome”

Ranked #2 of 3 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I fumbled on Red Bluff on my pc. It is great. Clean,comfortable,quite just the right place. A perfect get- away.I twisted my hubby arm to stop. He loved it! Just what we needed. Bonnie and Barry is the best. It's a must stop, put on your to do list. Thanks The Abraham's

Room Tip: Have extra time to stay longer.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Quick stopover on the way to NOLA, but it couldn't have been any nicer - was able to have a sumptuous Southern breakfast in Montgomery, fried catfish in Biloxi, elegant French restaurant scallops in New Orleans all in the same day. Red Bluff is spotless and comfortable (and underpriced, but don't tell the owners...)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Pickerington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were driving through Alabama and stopped here to see the historic sites such as Martin Luther King's church and home, the capitol, The Rosa Parks Library, and the confederate White House. This place is so conveniently located and safe. Loved the room. Wish we were able to stay longer.

Room Tip: Any room is fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Wonderful stay. Great food. Cordial owners. Felt like home

• Stayed June 2012
Winona Lake, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

First exit North and East of jct. I85 and I65. Immaculately clean and quite. My dad (90) and I stopped after long drive from Florida. Ate at Wentzel's downtown. Could have walked there. Oyster bar and sea food. Had grits and shrimp (& beer). Hosts prepared great breakfast after sound nights sleep and warm shower. Will be yearly event. Have to ask host about ghost situation. Don't even think about a motel.

• Stayed June 2012
Richmond, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I must say that I truly had a great time and experience at the Red Bluff Cottage Bed and Breakfast. I did not know what to expect because I had never been to a B&B before. This was an experience I will never forget. I was welcomed with a open arms and smiles. I was given the tour that was exceptional and made me feel welcome. I was impressed with the detail and clean, orderly and beautifully decorated historical place that left me with a feeling of home. I stayed in the Riverboat room that was so comfortable and relaxing that I slept and rested all night. The breakfasts were awesome. I got to experience the famous wild rice waffles, fresh pressed apple juice and Barry's coffee as well as eggs benedict and fresh fruit cut to perfection. Bonnie and Barry are the nicest, hospitable people and they run there B &B like a family. They made sure I was comfortable. Through out my stay I was blessed with the opportunity to know Barry and Bonnie on a personal level and believe I made a true friendship that will last a lifetime. The Ponstiens are truly perfectionists and everything was perfect for me and that made the rest of my trip a pleasure and stress free. I also met some great people that passed through as during my stay which made for great breakfast conversation. Thank you Barry and Bonnie for the great time and God bless you. I will always remember the wonderful adventure I had in Montgomery Alabama at the Red Bluff Cottage B & B.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great as I saw them. I will always be partial to the Riverboat room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed at Red Bluff Cottage for business two nights and it was fantastic! Barry and Bonnie are very charming and friendly hosts and their B&B is just gorgeous, plus they accommodated our business and travel schedule with earlier breakfasts. So many things to explore at the house, and so close to the capitol. The beds were comfortable and inviting with high quality sheets. The breakfasts were delicious and inventive and relaxing on the porch was divine. The gardens are lovely as well. I stay in B&Bs on a regular basis and this is one of the best. I cannot wait to return for some leisure time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business