“Relaxing”
Review of Red Bluff Cottage

Red Bluff Cottage
Ranked #2 of 4 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This B & B has a great location. Very close to downtown and easy to get to for dinner or sight seeing. Breakfast was good. They do not have a TV in the room which was ok since we were there only one night. This was built as a B & B which is nice cause all the rooms are on the bottom floor and they also have a small parking lot on the back of the house so that makes parking easy. We were are on the bottom floor near I guess where the washer and dryer are and they were doing laundry and we kept hearing the buzzer go off for the dry which was a little annoying. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was a lot of reading materials in the room which was nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Red Bluff Cottage

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I decided to take a mid winter trip to visit Maxwell Field AFB where I was born 70 years ago. Looking for lodging we decided that we would make it special and so selected the Red Bluff Cottage rather than an ordinary hotel room. We were so pleased with every detail of our stay. It is hard to say what we enjoyed most but some things really stand out: the lovely room and the wonderful linens and mattress topper (not to mention the wonderful bathtub), the recommendations Bonnie made for our dinners and the easy walk to the restored are of Montgomery, the wonderful and delicious breakfasts served in the gracious dining room, Bonnie and bBrry's company at breakfast. One thing stands out to me especially and that was the effort Bonnie made to assist me resolving a difficulty I was having visiting Maxwell Field. In the end I did not need to use the person she found to assist me but i was very grateful the she was willing to try. We hope to return as we want to spend more time in this wonderful and cozy home away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Red Bluff Cottage is conveniently located just off the I65 and close to downtown Montgomery. We were a bit worried when approaching as there is no parking on the busy street, but turn left at the top of the hill to access the parking area behind the Cottage.

The Rose Room was exceptionally clean and comfortable and spacious, with a lovely sleigh bed dressed with decadent linens! The chocolates in the room and in the main hall was a nice touch.

The hosts were welcoming and helpful with suggestions for restaurants and local attractions. Our breakfasts were delicious and nicely displayed. Our early departure was accommodated graciously on our last morning.

While the hosts are obviously devout as seen in some of the discreet décor, we experienced no pressure or discussion about their beliefs as mentioned in previous reviews, save a prayer about safe travels, where permission was solicited first.

A nice home spot to experience Alabama's capital!

Room Tip: The Rose Room, while the most economical, is very spacious and inviting. Being at the front of the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Our first time to ever stay at a B&B. It was more than expected. The interior of the
home is beautiful. The Gatsby room we stayed in had gorgeous antique furniture
with tasteful decoration and accent pieces to match the time period of the room.
We were exhausted after driving over 10 hours. They welcomed us in person both
nights we stayed with them. The breakfast was excellent. Hotel Continental
breakfasts can not even come close to being as good as Red Bluff Cottage.
Barry & Bonnie were so very accomodating to us. We needed to leave earlier
the next morning and they were kind enough to make our breakfast earlier than
the usual time. They visited with their guests at breakfast. We felt more like we
were staying with good friends or family than just guests at a hotel or inn. We
were very comfortable and highly recommend Red Bluff Cottage to anyone
wanting a calm relaxing stay with personal hospitality and kindness that you
dont get from a hotel chain. This short review is not enough to express how
really nice this place and the owners Bonnie & Barry are. The rest of our vacation
was in another state, but Red Bluff Cottage Bed and Breakfast was the best
two nights stay of our vacation. Highly recommended and we will definately
stay their again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My sister and I go once a year to a Bed and Breakfast on a girls weekend trip. This year we decided to go to Montgomery, Alabama and stayed at the Red Bluff Cottage. What an incredible experience! Barrie and Bonnie were so hospitable and the B & B was outstanding. Better than any Hotel! We will definitely be staying again soon. This is a little piece of heaven on earth! From the location, the view, the breakfast, drinks, amenities, and their humble service, I could not have asked for more. We will highly recommend this to our friends and family!

Diona Owens

Room Tip: Bedrooms are all located on 2nd floor. Nice and quiet. Very comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was travelling around USA on my own and during my planning I choose the Red Bluff Cottage as a pampering experience, and to try and experience the Southern Hospitality. Well I can confirm that I received that and much more. Barry and Bonnie are fantastic, just the best host that I have ever found during my travelling. They are kind, welcoming and they will look after all their guests. The deco of the cottage is simply devine and very warm, I have been told that Bonnie choose all the deco and I can say that she has a great taste. I must say that I felt like I was at home and at the end of my stay I didn't want to leave. This is a place that you can make a tradition to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Silvia P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Well, words really can't express the enjoyment we had at the Red Bluff Cottage in Montgomery. My wife and I celebrated our five year anniversary and wanted to go somewhere that was quit and relaxing. We certainly found it at Red Bluff Cottage. Barry and Bonnie are truly giving you a place that will meet all your expectations and then some. Everyone who wants to stay at a bed and breakfast should experience this kind of pleasure. From the friendly service the moment you arrive, to the exellent breakfast the next morning, you will truly be happy with your choice there. We highly recommend staying with them. You'll arrive as guests, and leave as if you are family. We throughly enjoyed the time there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family