“Relax and feel Pampered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Bluff Cottage

Red Bluff Cottage
Ranked #2 of 3 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Williamsburg
“Relax and feel Pampered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

My husband and I have stayed at many B&B's and none of them can come close to our wonderful 5 day stay at the Red Bluff Cottage. From the 5-star breakfasts to retiring in the evening we were treated as honored guests and beloved family! Everything that Bonnie and Barry do offers first class southern hospitality! The cozy beautifully decorated room had the most comfortable sheets and bed ever. Reading in the garden gazebo and watching a DVD in the comfortable den made it feel so relaxing! A stay in the Red Bluff Cottage is a real treat!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Bonnie and Barry have a wonderful bed and breakfast in the heart of Montgomery. We had a group of 8 golfers who truly enjoyed the hospitality, rooms, and relaxing atmosphere. A great place for any type of party coming to Montgomery. We will certainly be back if we hit the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in the next year or so. You really felt at home and each of us enjoyed our stay immensely. Way to go Barry and Bonnie. Chris Benne

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2009

72 holes of golf in two days and 100's of texas hold'em hands with friends made for a great weekend away with college buddies. Having wonderful hosts in Berry and Bonnie made it perfect. We had a great breakfast before heading to the RTJ trail for golf and enjoyed plentiful snacks and GCBs (Garlic Cheese Burgers) after our golf rounds while playing cards. Golf, Beer, Poker, free breakfast, comfortable beds, tv room for college football..... What can I say! A perfect spot for your next golf getaway to the Montgomery Area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Leeds, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

We live in Alabama and are always looking for a B&B close by just to get away. We stayed in The Great Gasby room which was lovely - nicely decorated with a private bathroom. The shower was GREAT! The room was a little warm, but if we had told Bonnie and Barry they would have taken care of it! Bonnie and Barry are the owners and they pride themselves on Southern Charm and friendship. The couple is super nice and want nothing more than to make your stay enjoyable. They give great dining options and the breakfast is delicious. However, I was sad I did not get to try Bonnie's Wild Rice Waffles, but that just gives us reason to go back. If you have not stayed at a B&B before Red Bluff is a good start. Give it a try - you will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Crestview, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

This was my first experience in a B&B, and Bonnie and Barry have set the standard's bar very high! Southern hospitality, the most delicious breakfasts (visual feasts as well!), and the desire to take care of you and your needs made it a truly memorable stay.

Amenities included free high speed wireless internet, drinks and snacks, and candy dishes everywhere (the homemade cookies were an extra treat and delicious!). This B&B is located in the Cottage Hill area of Montgomery, 1/2 mile from downtown, and rated one of the safest areas of the city. I ran 5K one morning at 5 AM, and no worries. This home is beautiful inside and out--reminded me of my Grandmother's home.

I was here for AFITC 2009, and would recommend this B&B to anyone, but especially my military brothers and sisters! They adjusted their morning routines to accomodate our early hours (there was another military member staying here, Major Joe Meister), and to ensure we had a nourishing breakfast and morning blessing.

Besides staying here, I would also like to recommend the Montgomery Zoo and Mann Museum, the Montgomery Brewery, Tomatinos Pizza on Fairview near Huntingdon College, and Dreamland BBQ.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

Barry and Bonnie are a blessing for the world. Their BNB blends the old world of exquisite southern charm with the 21st Century and wraps it in a friendliness that is worth the stay and then some. If you skip their home to go further up the road you are missing a treat that very few places have and even less do well at.

Barry and Bonnie have put it all together in a convenient location with comfort you will not see in the big hotels. And the breakfast… You need to be prepared for southern fare with a twist of backwoods that the big hotels would relish. The two of them should open a catering management operation and sell their recipes to the hotels.

Thank you for keeping me safe, well feed, and a part of your family.

Blessings for you both always,

IHS, Joe Meister

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Albany,New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I visited Montgomery in April 2009 and had the pleasure of staying three nights at the Red Bluff Cottage with Barry and Bonnie and their cat Mr. White Socks. The moment I walked in the door upon my arrival, I knew I was in for a treat!
I loved my comfortable and cozy room on the ground floor, and the home made breakfasts made by Bonnie and Barry were absolutely delicious! This is southern hospitality at its best.
The location is fine. Walking into the center of Montgomergy to the state capitol building took me maybe ten to fifteen minutes, but I like to walk. After a day of visiting all the wonderful historical sites Montgomery has to offer, coming back to Red Bluff Cottage and relaxing was an added pleasure. I am so glad I selected Red Bluff Cottage instead of one of the huge (and more expensive) downtown chain hotels.
Even in three days, I did not get to see and do everything I had wanted to. I would like to come back in the next couple years and would definitely stay again at Red Bluff Cottage.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo