Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Hampton, Georgia
“New Changes Are Good”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have not stayed at the hotel since November 2011. They have made some changes so make sure you review all of the details on their website prior to booking. The now offer valet parking ($15.00) per night or you can choose to self park for $10.00 per night. If you are traveling with small children and you need a bathtub, you need to book a suite with two double beds. The suites with one king bed have only a shower. Manager's evening reception is alway nice. Bartender was very friendly a personable. My only concern is that I am submitting this review at 5:30 am and the hotel security guard is sitting next to me in the business center on the other computer. I have been here for about 20 minutes and he was here when I arrived.

Room Tip: If you need a bathtub, you need to book a room with two double beds, the Excutive Suite, Govenor'...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We actually had two stays on our way to and from Tampa for the Christmas holiday and found the hotel team to be very helpful and efficient. We enjoyed our suites on both occasions and of course took great advantage of the excellent breakfast before setting out for a long day of travel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
tdq1az, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you for your review...We have just completed a significant renovation on all the case goods and bathrooms within the past year. Carpet and drapes are next, as well as upgrades in the Lobby area. I appreciate your comments especially regarding the staff and food amd hope we can see you again on your next trip!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The staff is really great. Very friendly and responsive. The food is really good too; Both the free full Buffett breakfast and Montgomery Cafe. They attempted to renovate the rooms but the carpet is warn and the furniture is outdated. It's in the heart of downtown with interesting stops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high so you aren't disturbed by the noise from the bar in the open atrium.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments. Let me apologize for the Manager's reception...We had a cooler go down in the area we would normally serve in and had to consolidate at the last minute to accommodate everyone. As you indicated, we had several large groups in house which clearly impacted our service to you. Again, my apology. I appreciated the kind words regarding the desk and your recognition as a Hilton Honors member, as well as the comfort of the room you were in. I hope we can see you again when our comp bar isn't quite so challenged.
Tom.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while in Montgomery back the 1st week of Sept 2011. The Hotel was nice the staff was very polite and the room was clean. The evening reception was great as well as the breakfast the next morning. I was greeted as a Hilton Diamond member at check-in and received my snack and free internet. Overall a great stay. Woild definitally stay here again if I was back in the area. To all the staff thank you for a great stay!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words regarding staff and facility! I've shared your comments with our associates and I can assure you positive feedback is so very much appreciated. Again, many thanks!
Tom
Birmingham,Alabama
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed here recently on the week of Christmas. I have had several stays here and it was another enjoyable one. Breakfast is amazing(free) and they even have a bar in the lobby. Customer service was excellent and I had no complaints. I got a suite and it was a very quiet and pleasant sleep. I stayed on the 5th floor and had an amazing view of the lobby that is breath taking. There is also a buffet in the lobby but I didnt get to partake in it. I did get to go a Dreamland BBQ which is up the street but didnt visit anywhere else after a long drive there. They have an indoor pool and jacuzzi which was excellent after a long drive. They also have a fitness center.

Overall, I would stay there again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Had a decent stay here at the Embassy Suites in Montgomery. This location is the standard Embassy with the open atrium and free reception and breakfast, though it is a bit older than most. If the hotel is packed and the front lot is full, you have to park around the side of the hotel in parking garage, but it was free. Check-in was very smooth considering how busy it was, so that was a sure plus and kudos to the front desk staff. A few good restaurants within walking distance. On site restaurant looked boring and tired.

Bed was extremely comfy, and the room very functional - zero issues.

There are some hiccups worth noting. The Managers Reception was a complete disaster, as the hotel was hosting large functions on both nights I was there. The hotel closed the typical Managers Reception bar area and relocated to the pay bar, so folks looking for drinks that were part of the event that weren't hotel patrons merged with hotel guests. The Managers Reception folks, with vouchers, were told to move to the side of the bar to receive their drinks. However, no one mentioned this until you were at the bar, so I ended up waiting 20 minutes to be told to move to the side of the bar. Not good. A little signage would help here - or re-open the Managers Reception bar, since there were already an additional 2 "mobile" pay bars set up for the event elsewhere in the lobby. The Managers Reception guests surely got short-changed here, and since I imagine events are held here frequently, they should have done a better job explaining the process or accommodating hotel guests. And the male bartender was the slowest I've ever seen - sorry ...

The room was comfy as noted, and the bathroom was nice, but the water temperature was oddly uneven. It didn't matter what time it was used, I had to let it run for upwards of 15 minutes to get the temperature even remotely tolerable. When it was hot, it was great, and I didn't feel the need to report to management. I didn't mind that there was no shower curtain/door ... so it was obviously renovated fairly recently. But not sure why the water temp was all over the place.

All in all, good service from the front desk at check-in, convenient location, free Internet for Hilton Honors members, good breakfast, and an awesome bed outweigh the few negatives. As always, these issues are easy fixes ... or should be. If I'm ever back in Montgomery, I'd consider this location.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members get free Internet (at least when I was there) - ask for the promo code at chec...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
tdq1az, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Tom Quatrochi
Austin, TX
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We've stayed here a couple of times and each has been very pleasant. The breakfasts are excellent and the happy hour is nicely done and well attended. There are good restaurants within easy, safe walking distance. The staff is first-rate--especially the woman who runs the happy hour. Very nicely decorated atrium area. Convenient to the Robert Trent Jones Capitol Hill courses.

Room Tip: All are just fine.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding our Hotel. We pride ourselves on a great Breakfast, especially omelets prepared by Charlie and King, both of whom have been with us forever. The Hilton bedding package is another big plus and I'm glad you found it so comfortable. Hope to see you again and thank you!
Tom