“Residence Inn Montgomery”

Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Dayton, Ohio
“Residence Inn Montgomery”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Above average, recently refurbished rooms with plenty of room in the suites including furnished kitchen. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Nice pool, good walking paths nearby. Breakfast will do for a fast start. Friendly staff, good wifi in rooms and public areas.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was spacious with two full bedrooms and baths, living room, and kitchenette. The stay also included full hit We enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was spacious with two full bedrooms and baths, living room, and kitchenette. The stay also included full hit breakfast which was also very good. which was also very good.

• Stayed May 2012
Gwen B, General Manager at Residence Inn Montgomery, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
I am so proud that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to meet your accommodation needs while in the Capital city. We strive to maintain a clean and well maintained product and to provide excellent customer service. Our new renovation has made all the difference in the world to us and our customers. Hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Montgomery.
Marysville, Kansas
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I had to travel to Montgomery for a funeral - my parents and I stayed 2 nights in this 2-bedroom, 2 bath suite, complete with full kitchen and living room - all for the same price as two separate hotel rooms would've cost us elsewhere. We loved it!! Very relaxing and quiet. Ideal for a family or two couples. I'm puzzled by the previous reviews - maybe the hotel has done some renovations since - our unit was VERY NICE, new and modern. I noticed in one building, they were in the process of putting in new windows, so maybe they are renovating the entire location.

People at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. It was very easy to get to, just a couple blocks off the main street, very near lots of restaurants & shopping also. I would DEFINITELY stay here again, and would not hesitate to refer it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I booked a one-night stay here because my plans changed and the Prattville Marriott didn't have rooms available for the new date. I'd read other bad reviews about this place, but figured I could handle it for a single night. This is obviously a very old Residence Inn - the lobby is unlike any I've ever stayed in elsewhere. The desk clerk told me she had a room right up at the top of the stairs leading to the lobby (not a quiet spot) and I asked her where the elevator was. She responded "this hotel doesn't have elevators!" I told her I was handicapped and could not walk up and down stairs and she said, well we put all of our handicapped guests on the ground floor. Ground floor rooms are notoriously noisy and given the age and design of this one, I thought better of it , so I asked they could see if there were rooms at the TownPlace Suites up the street. The obliged and got me a room at the TownePlace Suites.

Room Tip: No where in this hotel. It is very rundown looking and outdated. The fact that it has no elevators...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RocketCityStarbuck
I sincerely apologize that our Residence Inn did not meet your accommodation needs while in Montgomery. You are correct that our hotel is an older property. Our hotel was built in 1990 and at that time the design did not include elevators. Recently our property received a complete renovation to include all guest rooms and public areas. However, elevators were not included in the scope of this renovation. We do have accessible suites that are located on the ground floor and all are located in the front of the property. This is the preferred area for those looking for a very quite room. I would like to again apologize to you for failing to meet your expectations. We are making great efforts to upgrade our product and services to meet your needs as well as those of our other guests.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Had an excellent experience at the Residence Inn! We had a 2-bedroom suite! Very new, fresh and cleaned, and very well-furnished! The hot breakfast was also very nice! The only small problem is the location: right next to the highway! Yes, it is convenient - especially if you're traveling - but it's pretty noisy at night! If the walls were anti-sound, this would be the perfect hotel! It doesn't look what you should expect in the inside from the outside! It's very new and of very good design!

• Stayed April 2012
houstonburbs
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I would have to say this place is just so-so,,, not impressive... not fancy...nice and clean...but this is all I can say about it

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room upstairs....noisy if you are on the bottom floor....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ladybugtx76
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed in a studio room with a full kitchen and small living room. The room looked very nice. It has a full kitchen with full-size stainless steel appliances including a refrigerator, an oven/stove, a microwave oven, a sink and dishwasher. There was ample counter space and a nice seating area for breakfast. It even comes equipped with basic kitchen elements like plates, bowls, and utensils. In the living room area there was a small coffee table, a chair, a lounge chair and an ottoman. The TV was relatively new and the perfect size for the room. It swiveled so that you could watch it in either the living room or the bed room areas. The bed was soft. The bathroom was adequate, nothing fancy, but it will get you clean. The staff also provided us with a crib that we requested at the time of reservation. Having said all of this, I cannot in good faith recommend this hotel to anyone.

In the past couple of months I've been in 5 different hotels (Residence Inn Montgomery, Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, Westin Atlanta Airport, Aloft Birmingham Soho Square, and the Andaz 5th Avenue NYC). The Residence Inn Montgomery was easily the biggest disappointment of the bunch. The smell in our room and in the lobby (which is a separate building) was terrible. I know that hotel rooms can sometimes have an interesting smell that you get used to, but the smell in this room bothered us all night and was there to slap us in the face when we woke up in the morning. It was such a strange, repulsive smell that olfactory fatigue never even set in. It bothered us the entire length of our stay.

It was also very loud. Well into the night we could hear people walking by our room talking. I don't even think they were talking that loudly. We could hear them using their normal talking voices. We could also hear the people in the room above us walking around and talking.

The bottom line: This would be a great hotel for deaf people that can't smell. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else.

Room Tip: rooms stink and are loud
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank David V
Thank you so much for your review. I am pround to let you know that our Residence Inn has recently recieved a complete renovation to include all guest suites as well as public space. We are making great efforts to upgrade our product and services to meet your needs as well as those of our other guests. I am confident that you will see a marked improvement on your next visit.