“affordable accommodations with superior service”
Review of The Alabama Hotel

The Alabama Hotel
Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 5 June 2013

as a traveling contractor I have stayed at numerous hotels some good and some not so good. but I have never experienced such service and large rooms as I have at the Alabama Hotel Montgomery. the staff has accommodated me and every request that I have made helping me keep my business flowing by making copies of documents and fax is anything that I have asked I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will be staying at this hotel everytime I'm in the Montgomery area

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank didyac

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The hotel staff is extremely courteous and very professional. The rooms are large and clean. When you walk in you immediately feel like you're at home. The large suites give you room to move. I've stayed at other hotels in the area and none can compare to The Alabama Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank cadesdad44
Reviewed 9 February 2013

First I was double charged for the room, then the rep realized that he over charged me then gave me the double charged amount back in cash, he then tried to sell me the upgraded suite in a used car salesman manner. I was then called on the phone to tell me that they accidentally realized that they meant to keep the amount they gave me because they were t sure they charged me the right amount. Oh no it doesn't stop there, at 11 at night they banged on my door for a good 15 mins waking me out of my sleep to collect the amount they over charged me! Oh ya lets not forget the clogged tub I tried to take a shower in, the maintenance guy came with a dirty plunger and attempted to clear the tub (he didn't ) he left a large amount of residue(fecal matter) in the tub! 2 days later I checked my bank statements and yes in fact I was double charged for the room and still trying to resolve as we speak!!!! Never again!!!! SMH

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank eatgrits101
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Old buildings can be attractive if well maintained. The entrance to this hotel has a nice garden with a fountain and the appearance of a once well kept business. Upon entering the room, it had a "smell" that was not pleasant, the lighting was very poor, the coffee pot did not work, there was no clock, ironing board but no iron and the wi-fi was no good. Being a suite made it tolerable but definitely needs an upgrade! The continental breakfast was ok but the tables and the floor was dirty all the way to the front desk. It wasn't like they were over crowded..just a don't care attitude. The staff was nice and it was quiet and they even sent us a thank you note for staying there. It was bascially a place to spend the night ..no frills and reasonably priced. I just prefer a little more "class" than the basic motel 6 or 8.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Bertha F
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It is a nice cozy hotel at an awesome price. The staff was cheerful and gave me a free upgrade for my second night . I was really pleased with my stay over there and really recommend this hotel to people who want to spend a nice quiet time..

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Mbhussar
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The rooms were fair. Staff was very helpful. Management was the worst. Very rude & disrespectful.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank hotelsweet
Reviewed 28 May 2012

First of all let me say that the lady at the front desk was very sweet and helpful and did what she could to make our stay pleasant, however there's only so much one person can do. When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was how hot it was in the lobby (it stayed that way the whole weekend). I'm not sure if they were even running the a/c, which you kind of need on a 96 degree day. I can overlook that though - I'm not sleeping in the lobby. Then we got on the elevator, and it smelled like a belt burning or something - kinda scary. When we got to our room, the a/c wasn't on in there either - it took until 11:00 that night to cool the room down. Also, even though when I booked the room (through Expedia) I stated that there would be 6 people staying, they had only provided 2 towels and 1 roll of toilet paper - for 6 people!!! Cleanliness was ok, but the non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, and there was a cigarette burn on the sofa cushion. There was also no bedding provided for the sofa bed, the hair dryer and alarm clock were missing, & there was a coffee pot, but no coffee provided. However, these things I could deal with - I went down and got sheets, towels, and toilet paper, and sprayed the room with air freshener. These are just the things I noticed on arrival. The pool was dirty, the chairs around it were nasty and smelled bad, the barbeque grill was broken, and the breakfast was kind of pitiful (cold cereal, danish, toast, cold hard biscuts, milk, coffee, apple juice, (orange juice machine had water instead of juice)). But the thing that bothered us enough to give a bad review was that on the second night of our stay the hotel rented out their cafe area for a birthday party, and we were forced to listen to the very loud music from this party and to a bunch of drunken party goers yelling throughout the hotel (in the lobby, which the rooms surround, up and down the halls, and also outside our room in the parking lot). This continued until 2:00 a.m. Overall, I could have dealt with the minor issues and never said a word, but the party was the proverbial straw!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family