“Convenient, affordable and friendly”
Review of The Alabama Hotel

The Alabama Hotel
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Montreal, Canada
“Convenient, affordable and friendly”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Right off the 85, it is a dream to come to this place after a long drive. Vin was amazingly friendly and very welcoming.. Room is big and you feel like you have space to put things and move around. A sitting area, a desk as well as the bed, very roomy for 2 people, I even thing the sofa is a sofa bed. I recommend this place for travellers :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Sabrina1176

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 5 June 2013

as a traveling contractor I have stayed at numerous hotels some good and some not so good. but I have never experienced such service and large rooms as I have at the Alabama Hotel Montgomery. the staff has accommodated me and every request that I have made helping me keep my business flowing by making copies of documents and fax is anything that I have asked I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will be staying at this hotel everytime I'm in the Montgomery area

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank didyac
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The hotel staff is extremely courteous and very professional. The rooms are large and clean. When you walk in you immediately feel like you're at home. The large suites give you room to move. I've stayed at other hotels in the area and none can compare to The Alabama Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank cadesdad44
honolulu
Reviewed 9 February 2013

First I was double charged for the room, then the rep realized that he over charged me then gave me the double charged amount back in cash, he then tried to sell me the upgraded suite in a used car salesman manner. I was then called on the phone to tell me that they accidentally realized that they meant to keep the amount they gave me because they were t sure they charged me the right amount. Oh no it doesn't stop there, at 11 at night they banged on my door for a good 15 mins waking me out of my sleep to collect the amount they over charged me! Oh ya lets not forget the clogged tub I tried to take a shower in, the maintenance guy came with a dirty plunger and attempted to clear the tub (he didn't ) he left a large amount of residue(fecal matter) in the tub! 2 days later I checked my bank statements and yes in fact I was double charged for the room and still trying to resolve as we speak!!!! Never again!!!! SMH

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank eatgrits101
Opp, Alabama
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Old buildings can be attractive if well maintained. The entrance to this hotel has a nice garden with a fountain and the appearance of a once well kept business. Upon entering the room, it had a "smell" that was not pleasant, the lighting was very poor, the coffee pot did not work, there was no clock, ironing board but no iron and the wi-fi was no good. Being a suite made it tolerable but definitely needs an upgrade! The continental breakfast was ok but the tables and the floor was dirty all the way to the front desk. It wasn't like they were over crowded..just a don't care attitude. The staff was nice and it was quiet and they even sent us a thank you note for staying there. It was bascially a place to spend the night ..no frills and reasonably priced. I just prefer a little more "class" than the basic motel 6 or 8.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Bertha F
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It is a nice cozy hotel at an awesome price. The staff was cheerful and gave me a free upgrade for my second night . I was really pleased with my stay over there and really recommend this hotel to people who want to spend a nice quiet time..

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Mbhussar
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The rooms were fair. Staff was very helpful. Management was the worst. Very rude & disrespectful.

• Stayed July 2012