“"The best ever for families"”
Review of The Alabama Hotel

The Alabama Hotel
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
“"The best ever for families"”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a great time at this hotel.Autrium is just beautiful...feel safe and relax all the time.first I checked some reviews and me and my family were concerned about this hotel but we came because it was really cheap and guess what!? Room was just clean and smell so good..we LOVE this hotel.Thanks to manager and hotel staff.keep it up! We are coming back in summer!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Atefeh H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

So we had the pleasure of returning to Alabama to visit family again and we went back to the Alabama hotel.
Another great experience, which shows that we didn't just get lucky the first time. It seems to be consistently good.
Our room was spotless and the service was exactly what one would ask for and more.
I would also like to thank the lady who was there both times we stayed there, I believe her name was Angelina... she did a wonderful job at making us feel comfortable and providing nothing less than perfect customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Gelzz
AlabamaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Alabama Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest, We Thank you for choosing Alabama Hotel ~ The Beautiful, For your lodging needs in Montgomery Alabama Area.
We appreciate that you are taking time out of your busy life to write your review, about your stay. Your Feed back helps us to Strives even more better and provide you the BEST Southern Hospitality that Every Customer Deserves. We Will communicate Your appreciation for Angelina, As Always, She makes Alabama Hotel Team, feel very proud.
We Thank You and will Look forward to Seeing you Again at Alabama Hotel ~ The Beautiful
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

It started out okay with friendly service at the front desk and a clean inside atmosphere however, it quickly became a nightmare. The first room that I was given was a nonsmoking room as requested but smelled strongly of smoke and even had heavy smoke residue on the window glass. They apologized and gave me a new room but when I went around to inspect it, there were ashes on the bed frame on the side of the bed as well as remnants of what appeared to be drug use under the pull out couch/bed (baggies, broken pipe, etc.). Also the cable didn't work and there was no remote control in the room. When I went to the front desk to inform them, another guest who signed in right before me was there getting new sheets for her bed that had dirt and hair in it. They apologized and said they were about to handle it but over an hour passed with no assistance. I went back down to the front desk and another woman was there stating "no housekeeping. Housekeeping will handle it" and then gave me a tv remote that didn't work for the tv. I dealt with all this and in the morning when housekeeping came, which were three Mexicans who barely spoke English, I told them about under the couch/bed and said ok but didn't clean it but did a quick vacuuming and towel change. When I went back to the front desk about it, the same woman was there (now in street clothes instead of a uniform) and a new clerk. When I told them about the cleaning again, she just repeated "housekeeping will do it" and nothing more, going on her way. When I showed the new clerk the photo of the issue, she was completely shocked and horrified. I asked for a refund of my remaining money (was suppose to be there for three nights) and immediately left. What was even more of a joke, they had a tripadvisor sticker on the front door and a framed 5 star rating from August 2013. Never again will I go there.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Stella J
Crystal River, FL
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Keep in mind they charge $64 plus $20 for dog. My DOG is too clean for this place. Look at photos I uploaded. Food, nail clippings, caked on spills in room. No cable and no Wi-Fi. When I complained at 4 pm they lied to me and said they would be on in less than an hour. Take your dog outside and there are no garbage bins in the back parking lot anywhere when you clean up after them. Just 1 wall outlet worked-bathroom did not. In morning breakfast room was joke. No milk for "container" cereal, no lids for coffee and stale pastry. Can't comment to front desk because no one is there at night (only a tablet to scratch on) and in the morning she laughed at my husband when he complained about the breakfast room. Several lamps without working bulbs. I would rather sleep in my car than ever stay here again. Whoever ranks this above poor must have been drunk. Sorry about this disastrous review but if I can spare just one couple these heartaches I have succeeded

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jayne F
Dear Guest, We feel Sorry you had problem with pet fee at the time of check In, But its standard with most of the pet friendly Hotels, you paid this fee to get rooms cleaning as you put pic of carpet spoiled by your dog.
We Understand you were travelling and dogs were tired too, but when we love animal, they need at most Love and Care too, which was very Disappointing to see how you treated your animals, Its Very Unfortunate Since they Can not Speak or Choose their Owner.
We were also very sorry for the inconvenience of you and other guests staying Around your room because of the noise of the dogs. We Love Animals, Night Duty manager was simply asking you to take care of Dogs but we apologize if it made you so mad that you misrepresent the hotel. You were contacted by staff to ask if we can help you any way, Also You had a choice to Move to different room or some other Hotel, But you opted to stay at Alabama Hotel and pass Racial Comments and MISREPRESENT the Alabama Hotel ~ The Beautiful.
Alabama
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The overall rating is 2.5. The staff is friendly and helpful. The TV remote needed new batteries and when I approached the front desk it was taken care of immediately. My stay involved a couple of days and there was a musky smell which permeated the entrance and room in which I stayed. It does need a renovation but then the price was right. I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: If the breakfast room has been rented for the evening, staying on one of the upper floors might be q...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
AlabamaHotel, General Manager at The Alabama Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank You very much for your review, It helps us to improve, as Improvement is always an ongoing Process, We are sorry to know that you had some issues during your stay and we strongly apologize for the inconvenience, We would request you to give us another chance during your next lodging needs in Montgomery, Alabama
Ragland, Alabama
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for a weekend erand was quite satisfied with the place. Staff was friendly room was clean and the place was beautiful and close to everything we were wanting to do. There was a couple of times things got loud but nothing that bothered us. Will most likely stay here again. D. Alverson

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank dalverson
Dear Guest, We are Glad you ENJOYED your Stay at Alabama Hotel ~ The Beautiful. We thank you for taking time out to write the your Review, It helps us to strive even Better to Provide the Best Southern Hospitality at Alabama Hotel~ The Beautiful.
We will look forward to see you at Alabama Hotel, during your next Visit to Montgomery, Alabama Area.
Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel on and off over the last 15 months. Have been in town building the new wind creek casino and stayed here at least 30 weeks in that time. It was a great hotel but the last 4 months it has gone down hill fast. They will rent a room to anyone who is 16 and has photo id(that is insane).during the week it is ok but on the weekends u will not get even a hours sleep due to all the loud noise. police have been there 25 times since jan. 1 call and ask for yourself. For these reasons I had to go and stay at express in its a block down the road and they have 24 hour security and will throw trouble makers out in a second. would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Never go on a weekend
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Lifesabeach2020
AlabamaHotel, General Manager at The Alabama Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest, Southern Hospitality is the another name of Alabama Hotel, as you can agree with us since you stayed for so many weeks and enjoyed the Quality Stay at most Affordable price only at Alabama Hotel
We feel sorry to loose you as our customer but at the same time We DO NOT Compromise with the Safety of other Customers.
I am sorry my staff had to get you out of the hotel with regret, Just Like Other good Quality Hotels, We do keep our Security 24 /7 but because of your behavioral issues we had to see you leave, as it was done with very heavy Heart at Alabama Hotel.