“Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Alabama Hotel
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My stay Was very nice enjoyed staff very clean and nice...will return and stay again Angelina was very nice and helpful she made stay very nice when u visit ask for her..she greets with smile and was very hands on housekeeping was ok also could be better but the staff made up for it..in all my stay was nice

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Kim C
AlabamaHotel, Public Relations Manager at The Alabama Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest, We are Glad that your stay was Nice but We would like to see it Great next time! Please give us another opportunity and we would request you to give us a call ahead to hold a Spacious Suite for you next Stay at Alabama Hotel.

We strive to make your Experience as memorable as possible, At Alabama Hotel we are Committed to Provide you the Best Southern Hospitality !

We want to thank you from Entire Team of Alabama Hotel for taking time out to write your Experience , We will be looking forward to See you back at Alabama Hotel ~ The Beautiful

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pensacola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We drove around for an hour looking for a room after getting one room at another hotel that reeked so terribly of cannabis, I had to leave because of an allergic reaction.

We finally got to The Alabama Hotel, and thankfully they had a room. The clerk at the front desk was the nicest person I've ever dealt with when getting a hotel room. When we got in the room he told us prior that there was no towels and he'd get us some, which he did within the time he said (5 minutes), and also that there was a mildew smell in the room. He kept asking if it's okay and apologized in the hotels behalf and asked if it's going to bother my allergies and if so he offered to give us another room. I said it was fine cause it was not that bad.

We went to bed, and the next morning they called reminding us check out is at 11, we took a shower and saw where there was some mold underneath the sink. Looks like maybe there was a leak or something and caused it, in room 103. Was not a serious issue to us, just hope someone sees this so they can fix it. It was a really nice hotel with very professional staffing. I would recommend this hotel to someone else, as well as stay there again if passing through town again.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank LPM98
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Every-time I come here I have a wonderful experience. My room was clean smelled great and very spacious. Beautiful artwork on the wall and the lobby (oh my) can you say beautiful. Such a relaxing home feeling that you get. And plus they had a pool

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Shauntrel A
Montgomery
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel was close to Alabama Shakespeare Festival. The staff who checked us in the first night were polite and kind. The first room we got looked great however in the first twenty min i saw two cockroaches and the AC wouldnt start they moved us to a second room which was decent.
Despite the signs stating parties were not allowed and it you was a non smoking hotel the second floor smelled like Marijuana.
The water in the shower didn't get very hot and the water pressure was low.
The ice machine would be turned off at least twice a day.
Breakfast was weak coffee with apple or orange juice miniature danishes mini muffins biscuits and bread all frozen the cereal had frozen milk as well they ran a sink of hot water to thaw the milk.

Several staff were less than friendly one lady even raised her voice at me and scolded me about having a dog my dog weighs fifteen pounds and the first thing i said when calling to book the room was "do you allow pets I have a small dog"

Housekeeping was done by three people a couple who were very polite and pleasant and another woman who gave me a difficult time and wrote my room number down when I asked for shampoo! Sorry I have long hair!

• Stayed April 2014
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel entrance was beautiful, you get a very peaceful fill from it. The staff and customer service is excellent. The rooms were very clean, house keeping comes every day and is very accommodating. They were very helpful and went out of there way to make sure we were comfortable. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Katie F
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I guess it was OK for the price but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I wouldn't stay there again. There are a couple more hotels that i have been to that aren't much more expensive for jacuzzi suits in Montgomery but are much more nice!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal W
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The first room they put us in had a disassembled, non-functioning smoke alarm. The bathroom had a wall full of mold. We asked for a new room. Although this one was better it smelled of stale smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The toilet in the bathroom was not bolted to the floor and almost tipped over. The bed was more like a hammock than a king sized bed as it sagged so much in the middle. It appeared to be freshly painted but you could see in the bathroom that they painted over mold. There was so much paint splatter in all rooms that it looked like they let a bunch of five-year-olds loose with paintbrushes and rollers. The TV was new, but the cable to it was run from across the room and up over the bathroom door, all exposed. The water in the outdoor pool outside the window was pea green. You could see daylight around the entry door to the room. It was very noisy with the open atrium.

The price of the room was cheap, but the hotel is a train wreck. Run Away!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family