Candlelight Inn
Red Roof
US$134
US$131
US$115
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I attempted to stay here just a few days ago, but the conditions were so deplorable that I demanded a refund. I am NOT a picky person or princess by any means, I was looking for merely a place to sleep for the night and was obviously looking to save money. My advice: pay the extra $20 to stay at a chain hotel. Two roaches in the bathroom, which we killed and were willing to put up with, but we drew the line at finding one in the BED. Hallways smelled of smoke and decay, walls were filthy and the hotel staff didnt even apologize when we told them what we found in our room.....

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 17 June 2013

booking dot com needs to be ashamed and so does the owner of this hotel and the person that wrote that review(he is obviously in disguise)...this is a no star hotel ,it stinks,has roaches,and my God,the towels and the bed..not to mention the name of the hotel,rode passed it several times before realizing what really was going on..had no choice but to stay,but im thankful that I travel with my own towels,pillows and blankets...never again in life and the owner had the nerve to call me and question me about a refrigerator that was susposedly been in the room,are u serious..he knows dang well their werent no dang refrigerator in that room,not even a dang iron..some of the sockets didnt even work...Mrs D in atl!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SEDJ206
Reviewed 30 April 2013

i am a marine and i will stay anywhere but here again, checked in and found 2 dead water buggs about 1 inch long, found the rest of the family later alive, king bed, you don't want to pull the covers off, my girl friend got scratches from matress springs, halls and rooms smelled like urine and mold, the staff was excellent, but they couldn't pull a rabbit out of a hat when they didn't even give them a hat, the area was okay, but motel needs to be shut down, liked the $35 with taxes fee per night though.

Room Tip: spend about $10-$15 more and get a good room and good night rest
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank henry f
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I want to first say I am so ashamed of the other reviews of this motel. When I saw 1 star ratings and reviews of how it is in a dangerous part of town and such, I was afraid to put in a reservation until I looked at the property. These people portrayed it as the Bates Motel. Me and my family stayed here last night and all I can say to those reviewers is "SHAME ON YOU!!!"

Me and my wife discussed this and I feel the reason these people put these comments were because of racial motivation, I am embarrassed to say. I am Caucasian and my wife is half-Asian, and we did not feel in ANY way uncomfortable staying in this area. The local Walmart is about 5-6 miles east of the property on the main road and we had no problems in our shopping experience. Yes, there was a few people walking on the street, but big deal!!

OK, now for the motel review. I liked the property because it was converted from possibly a Ramada Inn (based on logo on trash cans) so you enter your room from the inside vs. the outside like other value priced motels I have stayed at before. Therefore, safety was even more enhanced in my view. The sign for the property is one of those letter-board signs with the flashing lights... that's how I missed it the first time by. It is directly next to the Key West Inn.s The lobby is elegant and Miss Gilda was SO PROFESSIONAL!!! She greeted us as we entered the door and even recommended us to local restaurants if we were hungry. I felt like I was at the Marriott or Hilton!!!!! The price for the room was very good at $45 (tax included) for a double bed room. Use www.bookings.com to get the best room value for the property. The room was very clean, has small refrigerator, microwave, cable TV, small hair dryer, and an outside pool. They also have meeting rooms. Vending machines are also available. It tickled me how they had a sign going from the lobby to the hallway stating you were entering a "Quiet Zone". :-)

The only negatives would be VERY VERY MINOR. The hallway carpet has some noticeable repairs and it is obviously a little dated in the style, but this does not cross my mind because I do not stay in luxury hotels. Yes, the elevator is out of order, but we all need exercise anyway. :-)

Compared to the prices I was seeing to other properties in the area, this one is the BEST value for the money. When you come in, ask about Miss Gilda... she will make your day! :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here the first night I was working in Alabama. I found it to be fairly cheap and decided I would forgo the warnings other travelers had offered on trip advisor; what a horrible mistake. First, the neighborhood was very unnerving. I was afraid I would be mugged or my vehicle broken into. The hotel's hallways smelled of urine and mold. When I entered my room, it smelled as though someone had just recently smoked marijuana in it. The room itself also smelled of urine and mold. The walls were in a state of ruin and so were all the light fixtures, bathtub and sink. The tv didn't even work properly! I checked my bed and sure enough, there were bed bugs! I immediately grabbed my belongings and moved to a different hotel. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: February 2013