“Awesome hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotel was very nice and room was very quiet. You would have never known you were in a hotel. Awesome night's sleep. Was disappointed wasn't offered a cookie at check in and that breakfast was an additional charge. For the price of the room you would have though breakfast would be included. At least a limited selection. Definitely loved the hotel and have already booked another stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. In addition, we are so happy to hear you are returning to the hotel, thank you so much for your loyalty. Something we take pride in is our famous warm chocolate chip cookie and I have shared your comments with our front office team. We look forward to seeing you back soon and I guarantee there will be a warm cookie awaiting your arrival!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was our first trip to Montgomery. Pleasantly surprised to find excellent service and accommodations and enjoyed touring the city and local area. Recommend DoubleTree to any visitors. Centrally located.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great service, everyone is very friendly. The rooms are all very nice and clean. It is a great location close to downtown restaurants and the waterfront. Ate breakfast at the hotel and was very good. I stay here on all my visits to Montgomery!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 October 2013

First time using Honors program. I was disappoint with Hotel room, small beds, no micowave, ref. Didn't know Hotel didn't have swimming pool. My daughter was disappointed by that. parking was also tight. I will ask more question next time before I book. Staff was very nice and helpful, came down to run marthron, but next time down will look for a hilton with swimming pool, as well as other ammenties that we like.

Good Evening,

I am so sorry the room booked did not have all of the amenities you desired. I have shared your comments with our ownership as well as our entire team. Refridgerators and microwaves are a valued amenty and completely understand the need for these. Currently we do not have any in our standard rooms; however, we do have them in all of our junior suites, and multi-room suites. In addition, I we have recently taken steps to have these on standby for our standard room available upon request. We value each and every one of our guest and always want to ensure you receive nothing but the highest level of service. If there is anything else we can do, please let me know. We truly hope you give us another opportunity here at the Doubletree.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

my room was right above the kitchen. the noise in the kitchen starts early and goes till late. that was the first day. the second day at about 1145p there was some loud noise that started in the kitchen and at midnight I called to the front deck to see if they would look in to it. 15 mins later no change. I got out of bed and had to go to the desk. the person on duty stated they were doing some cleaning there tonight. He did offer to move me to a different room at that time. It was late and I don't think a guest should have to move at that time. they could of have informed me earlier in the evening and move me then. now on the third night there were teenage boys running around inside the entire hotel up and down being loud and without any supervision. they were outside on the deck throwing a football from the deck to the parking lot below. they were hitting my window and hitting cars parked in the lot below. I also saw one throw a can of pop to the lot below. I called the desk and advised them. I continued to watch but never saw anyone go out and address the problem. I was the one that went down and confronted the teens. when I asked what room they were in they said they couldn't remember. Later that night about 3am I could here the music over the hotel speakers that they play 24hrs a day and again called down to asked to have them turned off or at least down. They did turn down some but yet again another night was disturbed. The problems at breakfast was on the 3rd day of my stay they were about 15 mins past the opening time before breakfast began. They had no complimentary coffee in the lobby until 720a and there were at least 6 people waiting around for it. on my second day at breakfast I asked for OJ and never did receive any. Service was bad that day and I never did ask a second time. The buffet was ok but the people eating kept having to wait for the food to be refilled. I just felt someone should be making sure things are kept filled. The female on staff at my checkout did deduct one nights stay off my total bill. I thanked her and left. I was in town competing in a national sporting event. my REST was very important to me during my stay. I feel the hotel really failed at providing me that.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Good Evening,

I want to offer my sincerest apologies for the less than satisfactory experience that you had on this occasion. I was so sorry to read of your disappointment about the service and the noise issues encountered during your stay. I completely understand your frustration as I would have felt the same way. I have personally spoken with our management team in great detail about the problems encountered and have placed several policies and procedures in place to ensure similiar incidents do not re-occur. I want to thank you personally for providing us with your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and an exceptional product and we have obviously failed to provide that to you. We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future. If you do decide to stay, please email me and I will personally ensure your stay is nothing but exceptional. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Brian Hass

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The first room we checked into had a broken air/heating unit making a loud squealing noise. The front desk was very accommodating and moved us to a new room, this one had very visible cob webs all over the ceiling, ugh... it was late we were tired so we stayed. Went to visit our friends down the road at another hotel only to find this hotel much less expensive, newer, far more amenities and cleaner.... to top it off, our bill was incorrect at checkout. Won't be making a Double Tree mistake again.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Evening,

I want to offer my sincerest apologies for the less than satisfactory experience that you had on this occasion. I was so sorry to read of your disappointment about the maintenance condition of the room. I completely understand your frustration as I would have felt the same way. I have personally spoken with our Chief Engineer and our Director of Housekeeping in great detail about the problems encountered. I want to thank you personally for providing us with your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and an exceptional product and we have obviously failed to provide that to you. We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future. If you do decide to stay, please email me and I will personally ensure your stay is exceptional. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I looooved my room on the 6th floor! It was spacious and enjoyable. The full kitchen was great...didn't need stove but we used fridge and microwave. Thought downtown would not be a good location but it was fine.We walked to riverfront and saw some historical buildings/churches. Mall was easy to find straight down the street. Used underground parking only when we could get close to door. I would definately stay again. Price was worth it (although had discount).