“Quality at its best” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
montgomery, United States
“Quality at its best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I am and will always stay at doubletree Hilton in Montgomery when I pass through on business. great location, access to highway, and the AFB-Maxwell where I do my business. Thank You for the awesome experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. We look forward to seeing you back realy soon!

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My stay was so enjoyable that I have recommended to several clients as well as family. Perfect location and the suites are wonderful. When you walk into the hotel the lobby is amazing with the bar being center of attention and the spacious suites are great. I didn't know about the double suite until later but I will definitely reserve one for my next visit with its spacious living area and full kitchen.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. We are so pleased to hear you have recommended us to others. Please be sure to let me know next time you are in Montgomery and I will be sure to upgrade you into one of our double suites you enjoyed so much. We look forward to seeing you back!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Quiet, comfy, nice location. Excellent staff. I was tired and didn't feel like going anywhere for food. It was a little late, the restaurant had already closed but I was told I could go to the bar for service. Great staff at the bar. Very attentive. I had no idea what I was in the mood for, Rhianna took time to help me figure it out. She was just great and so patient with me. We even concocted a new drink. Black Cherry, Malibu and pineapple juice. It was very good. Rhianna was so attentive. She checked on me frequently. My room was perfect. I was thrilled to wake up to see the Christmas tree being assembled. That was fun. I love all the Christmas decorations in the lobby. I understand this building was in very sad condition prior to Hilton. Y'ALL DONE GOOD!!!

Room Tip: No bad rooms as best I can tell. It's all good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team, especially Rhianna. As for the new drink...I will inform our bar manager, we might just have to add that to our specialty drinks! We look forward to seeing you back real soon!

Kernersville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Have stayed in this hotel twice now and will stay again if ever in the area. Very nice hotel and very quiet. You think you are the only one in the hotel. Gentleman had the desk was very nice and went out of his way to make us feel welcomed, especially the extra cookies.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team, especially the front desk. So glad to hear you will be returning, we pride ourselves on loyalty and we think of every guest as a member of our family. We look forward to seeing you back soon, and we will be sure to have one of our warm chocolate chip cookies waiting on you!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The wife and I came into town for a concert and stayed here Halloween night. The hotel has a huge atrium with bar and restaurant in the middle. Check in was easy. We had a Junior Suite and it was big and nice/ clean. The hotel was in easy walking distance to all the bars and restaurants.

Only negative is there is no pool or jacuzzi. It would have been nice to stretch out and relax in a pool after driving in. No big deal though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

First time at the DoubleTree and met my expectations!

THE LOCATION
The hotel is located in a nice area in downtown. The the entrance to the hotel is quite narrow which makes it a bit weird. Not much eatery by the hotel, you will have to get down to the Alley area to find restaurants.

THE HOTEL
The appearance of the hotel looks fresh and modern. The inside of the lobby is nicely decorated. The set up of the rooms are those kind of hotels that has the exposed interior corridors that can see down to the lobby in the middle.

THE ROOM
I had a room in the corner of the second floor. I had a view of the parking lot and across the way a church. The suite room is huge and has a lot of wasted space. In face the lay out is a bit awkward. Lighting is poor in the poor and inconvenient to get to since the room is so huge. The toiletries are from Crabtree & Evelyn and they are fantastic smelling! The coffee bar set up is really cool, with Wolfgang Puck coffee pods.

THE WORKING STATION
If you follow some of my reviews, you will find that one of my pet peeves is where the outlets are for the working station. Fortunately, DoubleTree was start enough to put the plugs on the desk! A great plus to easily plug in items. A minus - only one outlet. Although it is free internet, the service is slow.

THE ENTERTAINMENT
The tv in the room only had a few channels of HD & most are regular channels. The regular channels were spotty and sometimes the HD channels had no signal. This is something that they need to improve on.

All and all, it was a comfortable stay at the DoubleTree.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments and your feedback with our entire team. We are currently working on several technology upgrades that should be completed by year end. Internet speed will be increasing 3 times the current speed and the new HD channel upgrade we received increased the channel line up and has already corrected the problems we faced after opening. Next time you return, you should see a wide array of technological upgrades throughout the hotel. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Staying in town on business for a couple days, was immediately greeted by friendly staff and offered a warm cookie at check-in. Room was a little cramped, but well appointed and clean; bed was very comfortable. Had a strange odor but it disappeared after a while (or I got used to it). Had a rather expensive breakfast buffet, but not out of the ordinary from other hotels where breakfast wasn't included in the price of the room. Was on the ground floor and a little noisy there...could hear the clump clump of cars in the parking lot running over some kind of metal drainage covers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hydrogeo99
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. In reference to the parking lot noise, this is something we have working on with our ownership to get corrected immediately. We hope to have corrected very soon and want to thank you for sharing this concern with our team.