“Great stay on a snowy night”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great stay on a snowy night”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a snowed in night, and everything was great!! The beds were awesome!! Woke up in the same position I fell asleep in. The room was nice and clean. The restaurant was busy due to nobody being able to leave but everything was good. Service was great and the food was awesome as well. I would recommend this hotel to anybody that needs a place to stay in Montgomery. A lot nicer than the others I've stayed at!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words and we truly appreciate you staying with us. I have shared your comments with our team. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we are always working towards providing the best experience possible.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Good hotel for business travel. Nice Rooms, good service and good internet connection. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Easy walk to the bars and restaurants at the Alley. Fitness center is lacking but there is a decent YMCA a 3 minute drive away. Probably not an ideal place for family vacations – no pool.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Sean Patrick W

Moody, Alabama, Usa
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had a great couple of days. No major issues. They could have had more help in the bar area. The bar tender had to double as a waitress in the restaurant. Also, the coffee in the lobby ran out several times. No a good thing on cold mornings.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Martin S

boca raton, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Terrible noise and no working printers. I was very disappointed in the noise level coming from the room next to me. The walls were paper thin. The fact that there was no paper in the printers and then i was told that both printers were out of order was very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the noises coming the guest next to your room.

It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of better soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Nauvoo, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed on a Friday night at this DoubleTree in downtown Montgomery and was not disappointed. While modern, the hotel is clean, well lit and comfortable. I traveled on business and only stayed one night but it was a very pleasant stay. I was greeted by a very friendly, professional staff at check-in and had no problems even though a professaionl group was paying for my stay. I was even provided with a warm chocolate chip & pecan cookie - she must have known I needed a sugar pick up, lol! After attempting to open my room with the waving of the card key, I had to get it programmed again and then again. Third time was the charm and I came into a warm, inviting room. Clean and neat, the room served it's purpose! The bathroom was a bit tight, the door almost hit the toilet, but overall it was nice and clean. The entire facility was nice and updated.

I checked out early and didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast.

I would recommended to replace/repair the card key programming machine to prevent future issues, but that didn't detract from my stay. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this review, 9 December 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. In addition, we are so happy to hear you are returning to the hotel, thank you so much for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Gulf Shores, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This hotel is wonderful. I have never been disappointed in a Hilton property and this one, the DoubleTree was no different. Check in was super easy and they give out warm cookies. My room was very comfortable and clean. Lots of space and very comfy furnishings. The complimentary showergel and lotion were even worth taking home with me---they smelled very nice. I loved the bed. It was so comfortable...I hit my snooze button twice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. Something we take pride in is our famous warm chocolate chip cookie. We look forward to seeing you back soon and I guarantee there will be a warm cookie awaiting your arrival!

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I just finished a great stay at the DoubleTree in Montgomery. I've stayed at two other hotels in the past, and now I don't have to look anywhere else. The staff earned my future business! The room was comfortable, quite, and clean. The staff was extremely nice. And, the breakfast omelets were fantastic. Job well done! See you next year!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words and we truly appreciate you staying with us. I have shared your comments with our staff. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we are always working towards providing the best experience possible. Hope to see you soon!