DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel was recently remodeled, it is very modern and very clean. The ice machine on my floor was out of order and I would use the stairs. The door to my room weighed a lot and I would have to use my whole body weight just to open it. They told me over the phone they took a tax exemption, but then didn't take it when I checked out. Other than that, the service was good and the staff were all very nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Thank you for taking time to write this review. I will share your kind words with our team. I apologize for the confusion regarding the tax exemption. We do accept tax exemption forms but only from the federal government. I have also gotten with our maintenance department about the ice machine. Thank you again for your valuable comments. We hope o see you back here soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very helpful staff - elevator mats with a different greeting for each day of the week made me smile. Food was above average and feel of the lobby was modern yet private and comfortable. Only negative was taxi availability...don't hold your breath and expect at least a 30 minute wait - not acceptable for a downtown location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to write this positive review. I will share your comments with our entire team. I do apologize about the taxi experience. We have since changed companies. Again, thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

In close proximity to Convention Center & Local eats. Free parking and clean environment. Walking distance to most downtown attractions. Good size room and comfortable bed. Lobby was nice, business center leave something to be desired though...very slow internet and computers need updating. Overall very pleased with my stay and would book again next time my travels take me to Montgomery.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your kinds words. I have shared them with our entire staff. I do apologize that our business center was not up to par, we have updated the computers and internet since reading this review. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Grad families, stay here! Excellent experience, not over crowded like other places in the area. They even upgraded us to a suite when they saw my husband in his uniform, without extra costs or being asked to. Very clean, friendly staff, and amazingly comfortable beds. I especially loved the inside, it felt safe and spacious. One note: parking down below after a rainstorm did cause the cars to flood, I didn't experience that but heard a couple dealt with it, but the manager got the cars out in the end. Always love doubletree!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Carolyn L

Thank you for your kind words and we truly appreciate you staying with us. I have shared your comments with our team. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we are always working towards providing the best experience possible.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

OK place...about standard for a Double Tree. Getting in and out of parking was a hassle. Room cleanliness a little under average. Nice fitness room but way too hot and no portable fans. Nice, friendly staff. Overall, OK.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are very sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. I have personally addressed our team in regards to your comments to ensure that the necessary actions are taken. I can assure you that we will resolve these issues immediately. Again, we apologize and we certainly hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The room was spacious, clean, I loved the shower, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was absolutely wonderful, very helpful and friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends and business associates.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will be sure to share your kind comments with our entire team. We are so pleased to hear you will recommended us to others. We look forward to seeing you back!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

the experience I had was totally unacceptable for any hotel/motel. the room I had was dirty and one mattress had pubic hair on it and another had what appeared to be rat droppings on it and when the maid came to clean the mattresses all she did was brush the stuff on to the floor. the dining area had a breakfast bar that appeared to be a free continental breakfast ended up costing me roughly 13.00 per person for nasty box tasting food and there was no sign that you had to pay for the breakfast. I don't think that anyone should go through what my friends and I went through.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charles F
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.