“It will do.....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Travel frequently, this property is from a scale of 1 - 10, a 7 all day long. Nothing really fancy here. Short drive to base and right downtown. I would have liked a refigerator in my room, that would have been nice. The breakfast served, if I had to pay 15 dollars for whats offered, I would have found somewhere else to eat. I ordered the Prime Rib for dinner one night. Obvious left over. Food prices way to high. Overall, nice place to lay your head.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay in the DoubleTree in downtown Montgomery - the room was spacious, all the staff were friendly, and the hotel was very clean. An extra bonus was the laundry room and the little onsite shop, very useful for people staying more than a couple of days.

The location is OK, not right in the middle of things but only about 5 minutes walk from the Alley where there's a handful of cafes and restaurants (although being a female travelling on my own, I would not walk there at night, which rules this area out for dinner options).

Loved the warm chic-chip cookie on arrival - nice touch!

Room Tip: If you're staying a bit longer book a suite so that you have a kitchenette: microwave, fridge an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PriscillaFromSydney
Reviewed 10 May 2014

House keeping does not truly clean the restroom or showers. I had to wash down the shower walls myself to remove prior guess hairs from the shower walls and shower floor I notified the front desk staff of the problem and my complaint was over looked two days in a row even after I complained twice about the problem of the rooms bathroom was uncleaned. the Front desk staff just made it appear as tho they where correcting the issue. House keeping supervisor never followed up on my complaint nor did anyone from management. This Hotel staff has given a poor rep. to such a classy named hotel. Hilton should be a shamed to have such poor staff representing there name.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard B
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We appreciate your feedback of your recent stay with us and regret the issue you've mentioned with the cleanliness of your room and bathroom. This is being addressed with our housekeeping team to ensure this is not an issue again in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention in order for us to improve. I can assure you that a problem of this nature is not typical and will be handled immediately. Next time your in town we hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Brian

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Spent 4 nights here for a Conference at Maxwell AFB. Hotel is located about 5 minutes from base and is centrally located (and withing walking distance) to many of Montgomery's downtown attractions. Hotel was clean, comfortable and well maintained. Beds were comfortable with excellent linens and plenty of pillows. Bathroom was large with above average amenities. Towels could use some updating. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly - especially Desmond at the front desk. I booked through Hilton's website and requested a King. Room had a nice living area with kitchenette. A/C will freeze you out even in Montgomery's notorious hot and humid summers.

Room Tip: ask for 310 - huge room (and a half) with separate living area and kitchenette.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Someone else' gift basket was left in our room upon arrival. After attempting to make a purchase from the bar, the bartender ignored us for five minutes as he flirted with a table of female customers. My wife & I finaly left; the front desk clerk offered a free soft drink after witnessing our frustration.

1  Thank Calvin D
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Loved the whole experience. Was in town for our son's Air Force Commissioning. Was easy to find, clean and very friendly staff. Our rooms were perfect (two bedrooms around a central kitchen area. We were able to walk from the hotel to several fine food establishments.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I made reservations for a 2BR suite at least 2 weeks in advance. A few days prior to arrival, I requested an early check-in. My family arrived at the hotel around 2:00 and had to sit and wait in the lobby until the 2 or 3 housekeepers on duty had time to clean our room. We were there for a wedding that began at 4:00. When the room was finally available, there was not crib for my daughters baby. I had ordered the crib 2 weeks earlier as well. When we asked for the traditional cookies, the staff appeared baffled. Worst Hilton property I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and we’ve shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job of check-in. I did see you checked in between 2pm and 3pm. Our goal is to always fullfill our guest requests, however, we have a very limited amount of our 2 bedroom suites therefore it is difficult for us to guarantee a early check in before 3pm when the suites were used the prior night. In addition, I want to apologize for any confusion about the cookies. Other Hilton brands do have the traditional Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, however, the Doubletree by Hilton brand only serves the world famous Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookie. Again, I want to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again.

Brian