“Fleas in room” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Livermore, United States
“Fleas in room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I am alergic to fleas and received numerous bites on my ankles. I telephoned the hotel after leaving the lobby to report the room number (so as not to create a scene) and speak with a manager. I spoke with the reception person who said I would receive a call from a manager...that was 2 days ago, still no call.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is extremely important to us and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. We have shared your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been successfully addressed. We will be in contact with you shortly to help make it right.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel was clean and in a very convenient area of Montgomery. Rooms were comfortable. Staff was friendly. Would recommend it to anyone looking for fresh rooms and nice staff in an area of Montgomery close to all the historical attractions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind words. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We truly hope next time you are in Montgomery you will join us again!

Brian
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

No garbage cans inside or out, very surprising for a Hilton product, room service was non existent, no towels in room until after 6 pm. Should be rated 2 to 2 and half stars at most. Had to call the front for toilet paper

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. I am not quite sure why the garbage cans were missing, we do have these located at all five main level and basement level entrances and exits. In addition, I assure you that I have personally addressed your comments with our our entire Guest Services team and we want to thank you for providing us with your feedback.
phoenix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel employees were all very friendly and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. The rooms are very clean and the complimentary breakfast was terriffic. The location of the hotel is within walking distance of the Riverwalk.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to thank you for your kind words and feedback. We continually strive to ensure we are providing the best possible product and service to every guest. I have personally shared your feedback with our entire staff and we truly hope you will visit our property again in the near future.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are newly renovated and very clean, as is the entire hotel. The staff is amazing. Walking distance to everything cool to do in Montgomery. My primary concern was AC, I need cold and the room...AC was outstanding! Great stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is pretty new I think and very neat and clean. It was right downtown and convenient to all the historic sites and restaurants downtown. The staff were all friendly and responsive to our needs. I was happy to find this hotel had a suite with two bedrooms and a full kitchen! The Doubletree cookies were delicious as usual! Only drawback: no pool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Navarre, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Traveling to Montgomery on business. Location of Doubletree is excellent for downtown business/state government business. Stayed in room 104 and it was terrible! Literally sounded like I was underneath a roller-coaster. Could hear something like it was coming over a ramp. Three or four minutes later, here it comes again! This went on until about 11:00 pm. Started back up at 6:00 am the next morning.

Left door tag hanger for breakfast order at 9 pm for delivery at 8:00 am. at 8:10 looked outside; sure enough, no one had picked it up. the breakfast order still hanging on the door. Ordered breakfast by phone. It came promptly but guess what? No silverware.

Finally, when I went to drop off my room keycard and check out, I was prepared to loudly complained about what a lousy stay I had when the desk clerk asked how was my stay. Wll, guess what? She never asked! She said thank you for the cards and said a copy of my bill would be emailed. Then I was just sorta dismissed.

I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony3459
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. I have personally addressed your comments with our F&B team as well as our Guest Services team. In addition, we are aware of the noise issues encountered during your stay with our parking deck and I wanted to personally assure you that our owner and engineering team are working diligently day and night to resolve this immediately. We truly hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Sincererly,