Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd.
US$139
Red Roof
US$132
US$161
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsgranola barsrooms are nicewould stay againup to datehome away from homeenjoyed my staystaff was very friendlytoniinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived after 11 pm. Check-in took longer than expected because the front desk worker had trouble finding our reservation. We finally got it sorted out and took our sleeping infant son up to our second floor room. We were really eager to get to bed because we were only staying for about five hours and needed to sleep. However, our room key wasn't working so we had to go back down and get it reset. My husband had gotten us a room with one bed (he said), so while we were down there, I asked the front desk worker if we could switch to a room with two doubles since I thought that would be a better fit for us. She said no, not without an extra fee. We didn't want to pay the extra fee so we passed on that.

We took our son upstairs for a second time (he was awake by now), but once again the room key did not work. I was starting to get frustrated as I felt our night's sleep getting shorter by the minute. Once again, we all went downstairs to get the room key reset. While we were down there, I asked the front desk worker if we could have a free upgrade to a room with double beds since we'd had to come down twice now and we hadn't even gotten in the room yet. She flatly said no, she wasn't authorized to do that. I asked her who was authorized and she said no one, she was the only one here. I asked if there was a manager and she said no, not until the morning. I asked if there was someone I could call and she said I could call the 1-800 number.

It might seem that I was hung up on a small detail, but what really bothered me is that there was no one present who was empowered to make customer service decisions. This is NO way to run a business. I can overlook a lot of unpleasant details in the name of customer service. I go out of my way to patronize businesses like Costco and Lands' End, both of which prioritize customer satisfaction. I was not peeved because I didn't like our bed set-up, but because the employee was entirely disinterested in making me a satisfied customer, particularly after we had gotten off to a bad start with the slow check in and having to return our room key twice.

As it turned out, after refusing to switch us to a double room at my request we did end up in one, although I don't know if it was by accident or if the sour employee was extending an olive branch. The room we finally got into was not the one we were originally assigned. So we have our double beds, great! The room itself left MUCH to be desired.

Every surface in the room appeared to be worn, dirty, and stained. The sink wouldn't drain so there was stagnant coffee or brown water pooled in the drain. The counter was either stained or dirty, as was the dish towel. The fridge looked like it was salvaged from Good Will. There were even stains on my pillow (ughhh). The air conditioner wheezed ineffectively and I was pretty worried, but eventually we cooled off a little. My husband woke at 4:30 so that we could get back on the road and took a shower with no soap or shampoo. If we had known there wouldn't be any, we would have gotten our own out of the car, but we were in a hurry so we just hit the road after a water-only shower.

We were in the middle of a long drive and this hotel stop was supposed to make our trip more comfortable, but instead it made us less comfortable. I am not in a hurry to repeat this experience, and even though I have had a better stay at another ESA in the past, I will be avoiding ALL Extended Stay America locations from here on out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank EBJG
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I don't have much to say in this review. This hotel was really exactly what you would expect or maybe a little more for the money. I needed somewhere relatively cheap to stay and it fit the bill. Would I recommend it? No. Would I stay again? Only if my finances required it. But you definitely can make it work. It was overall clean after THREE room changes. I never received the breakfast offered as the low class level of clients that they have coming through required them to shut it down early EVERYDAY. Its understaffed and needs security. The front desk help did the best they could with what they were given to work with. Kekea and LaConstance were 5 star employees in a 2,star situation. On the bright side there's a Baumhower's next door if you want to get away for a minute.My recommendation? There is another EXTENDED STAY location for the same price just a couple of miles down the road that is a little nicer and closer to the interstate. If its in your power, STAY THERE!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Djcynt
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our great front desk staff; however, we apologize that our housekeeping and grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. I am speaking with our housekeeping staff to ensure that the rooms are being cleaned to meet guest expectations, as well as, our front desk staff to ensure that the breakfast is being put up at the appropriate time.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at meb2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My daughter and I arrived after 11 p. m. We had an early engagement the next day so I decided to stay. The kitchen and bathroom extremely dirty. Fridge rusty and towel dingy. I went to Walmart to purchase cleaning supplies and towels. Needless to say I will never stay at this Hotel again. Nor will I recommend it to anyone. I hope management is reading these reviews because this is terrible. I am happy to say I did not see any roaches!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Linda - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, meb2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The staff did not provide the information to received calls to the room. The room has roaches and the bathroom did to any soap in the room. The fridge on the outside need to clean with Clorox. My room had a weed smell when I arrived. Next time I will stay at another location with better services. The hotel phone systems needs to be repaired very badly. I tried to dial a local number. I was charged for long distance call. I had to include the area code in order to make a local call.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we failed to do so during your visit. In response to your feedback, I am contacting pest control to come provide additional services for the property. I've discussed your comments with the team, and we are implementing additional training to ensure a fresh and clean room for our guests. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at meb@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The staff were friendly. The room was cleaned. The request for repair never excuted. Despite my several request, I got only one time room service during 19 days of staying in the room. Did not feel safe since had two cases that individuals trying to sell you electronics/jewerly/.... in the hotel parking lot.

Room Tip: Do not stay at room 213 if you are sesitive to noise, the ceiling boards screech as somebody walking in room 313 :( When checking in, be sure to ask if the room has already been cleaned.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bijan A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and the cleanliness of your room. Still, I apologize that your repair and housekeeping requests went unanswered. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. Guest safety is a top priority of ours, so your feedback regarding our parking lot will be taken very seriously.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at meb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.