“One of the very worst”

Ranked #62 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Greenwich Village, NYC
“One of the very worst”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I am writing this to spare you, dear reader, from going to this place.

We arrived late in Montgomery. An exit further south - Hull Hill - had some new places, but nothing where you can park in front of the door, something I greatly value, so we pushed on a few miles.

There were some really sleazy places at this exit - in fact, let my review apply to this whole exit, as it was not a place I'd like to stay. There were hookers walking around the highway interchange, cops chasing them down, and some druggie types at the gas stations. We passed by two places and checked this one out, as the grounds were well maintained, which is often a good sign.

It was cheap and we checked in without checking out the room. Once we got in, it was REVOLTINGLY FILTHY. Yes, the bed was made, but everything else was dirty, including the sink. The AC had stuff like jelly all over it and the room stank.

The front desk area stank, as well, and the guy at the desk was sullen.

I would definitely NOT every even THINK about going here again in any way.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank paulvee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My Husband requested a hotel next to the interstate. Big Mistake choosing this hotel. It was so nasty and scary. We all slept in our daytime clothes; we did not sleep under the covers because the comforter and sheets were gross. And my husband slept with his pistol still attached to his side. I would not even use their towels after my quick shower the next morning. I dripped DRY!! I WOULD HAVE RATHER SLEPT IN MY CAR!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tennessee1985
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 3 April 2011

This was the WORST experience we ever had staying at a hotel. We thought that because the hotel was a part of the choice hotels we would not be disappointed.... boy were we wrong. Where to start....

1. The room was disgusting. The bathroom fixtures were all rusted. The shower would not stop leaking, and not to mention, I did not even feel safe giving my two year old a bath because it was so disgusting.

2. The room had a horrible stench to it.

3. The beds were not level. The one tilted to the right, and the other one curved to the middle.

3. We hadn't even been there for 20 minutes, and we had someone knocking on our door asking us for money.

4. About 30 minutes after that, another knock on our door, not with a guy asking my husband in front of me and my son for some rubbers. Then, when my husband proceeded to say no, they guy asked for money to go buy condoms....

5. The location of this hotel is in a TERRIBLE part of town... I guess we should have done a little more research.

Needless to say, we were only checked in for 2 hours before we decided to get the heck out of there. It was a horrible inconvience because we had already been driving for 15 hours that day, and then to have to get back on the road was terrible.

As we were leaving, we also got to witness three different prostitutes being arrested.

SAVE YOUR MONEY..... DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank KaraLeighB
Mississippi
Reviewed 23 May 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one weekend. I will never stay there again. This was not a good experiance. The room was not clean and the bathroom look like it had mold in it. We stayed one night. I hated to take a bath. I did not sleep good. My husband and I left the next day to go to another hotel. If we would have had our kids with us, I would not have stayed one night! The price was good, but this hotel is for somone who does not keep there home clean!!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Drity, did not sleep good
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DEWTSH
Tennessee
Reviewed 18 July 2006

We were traveling on our way to FL and needed a place to stay directly off the interstate for easy access the next morning. This hotel was directly off the interstate, but not in a part of town that I would feel comfortable staying in again with our family. The hotel was clean, but small and in a "rougher" part of town.

• Stayed July 2006