“Just Okay”

Super 8 Montgomery I-65
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here last week on our way to Panama City Beach. We only chose it because we were desperate to find something. We had been looking for a hotel since Birmingham. With the Taladaga race, some school track meets and college graduations most everything at every exit off of I-65 was full. We had 9 in our group and since they had rooms available we decided to go ahead and stay. Plus I'm choice priviliges member and knew it would help getting the bonus points. I checked the room first and it seem alright. The beds were queen size and it had a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Breakfast in the morning was just okay too. We were just glad there were no bedbugs! These days that's all you ever hear. The worst thing I could say about this hotel was the location. Right off the exit and not in a very good part of town at all. We especially noticed that the next morning when driving the rest of the way to Florida. Lots of closed and bored up businesses, plus only fast food places to eat. If we had gone about 10 miles further we would have had alot nicer hotels to choose from. I would suggest skipping this place and looking a little further.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank bizElady

Reviewed 17 October 2011

The side entrance hall smelled like something had died there, and NOT recently. Around 8:30 pm, we were roused by the fire alarm, but we were told "Everything's all right" with no further explanation. I awoke in the morning with 2 bites on my leg, which look a lot like bedbug bites, but I can't confirm that's what they were. 8am, and there was no coffee, even though there were only 2 other people in the breakfast room. ( the manager did quickly make some more). The nearest restaurants, other than the T&A truck stop is 5 miles away, but the highway in front of the motel has several hookers wandering the area. Absolute disaster.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank GibbonMan
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I booked this Comfort Inn for myself and my husband be/c we've had good luck w/ this chain. The hotel itself isn't too bad, but the area is very bad. There were many closed motels, restaurants, and other buildings in the area as well as prostitues in the hotel parking lot at night!!! When my husband questioned the hotel manager, he was told there was nothing the hotel could do but that the prostitutes were not in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GatorLiz355
Reviewed 5 September 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at (and I have been to many). The front desk was rude, the room wasn't very clean, and there were hookers across the street. The area was not very nice and I would never let anyone I loved stay here. Also, it says there is a pool, which didn't look like it had ever been cleaned. If you need to stay in the area, head to the comfort inn & suites. It is a little farther away and 18 dollars more, BUT MUCH NICER!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ittybitty10
Reviewed 17 February 2010

This hotel was very nasty! Stains were all over the carpet! Several things in the room would not work! Bathroom door fell off, the light above sink would not work, shower head was very loose and the alarm clock cords had wire exposed. There were no drink machines on any floors and the ice vending machine was broken!! The tables in the room had not been wiped off! The room was just so nasty! Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!! Oh and several torn window screens!! Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank jmoye
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I found a 'Travel Guide' coupon for this hotel in the Alabama Hotel Guide (one of the ones you pick up at rest areas).
I called and talked to manager Tom on my cell about 90 minutes before my arrival late on a Saturday evening, & he assured me the coupon was valid.
Upon arrival, Tom claimed no knowledge of any coupon until I produced the coupon and mentioned that I had personally spoken with him about the offer. Suddenly all was well.
I asked for a King room with couch hide-a-bed, and Tom said he'd put us in one.
As we entered the room, we immediately smelled the foul smell of pet waste mixed with ALOT of non-effective deodorizer. We also noted a ceiling light fixture hanging by a wire from the ceiling, and the smoke detector also hanging from the wall by its connecting wire.
I went to the front desk and reported these problems. Tom didn't seem surprised, offered no apologies, but did agree to move us to another room.
As we entered the next room, we were hit with the powerful smell of stale cigarette smoke, although the room was marked 'non smoking'. The only other thing I immediately noticed was a plunger sitting next to the toilet. I can't recall ever staying in a hotel room that had a toilet plunger sitting next to the toilet. With the time approaching 11:30PM, we turned in.
The next morning we realized the reason for the left behind plunger-the toilet wouldn't properly flush without the assistance of the plunger. I also noted that the sink faucet was leaking badly-not a drip, but a steady drizzle.
As I checked out, I mentioned these problems to Tom. Once again, he showed no surprise and offered no apologies.
A few deficiencies in a hotel room I can tolerate and understand, but the apathy of the management when the problems are brought to his attention is inexcusable.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank UncleRemus
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Was traveling back to Indiana. Came to this hotel by Travel Guide coupon. Boy working desk refused to honor coupon, but gave higher rate for AAA membership. "Choice Hotels Membership Privileges" didn't matter. Room smelled of fresh varnish, night stand and tables were still wet from varnish. Refrigerator did not work, Ice machine did not work. Was told, if I wasn't "Satisified" he would refund our money, and we could find somewhere else to stay. At check out, was still charged for "Non-Satisifed stay" even though they promoted "Satisifaction Guaanteed" Will never go back! Left a message for the Mgr. on Monday, and has still not returned my call. - Reported to Choice Hotels

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business