“Below average stay”

Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Tampa, Florida
“Below average stay”
Reviewed 27 April 2007

It started out w/ being harassed by several young men from a 2nd floor window while my wife checked into the hotel. They were hanging out of the broken screen screaming at several people checking in. The clerk at the desk came out and straightened it out. She was accommodating but later on couldn't help us with suggestions for dinner saying she wasn't from that area. The hallways in this hotel must be 90 degrees. The room air conditioner malfunctioned (some kind of short) and the light above the sink didn't come on causing us to get ready in the dark. The fridge temperature knob was stripped causing no control. Positives were that the room was very large and the shower was nice. The morning breakfast had many items that seemed stale and the drink machine disbursed syrup with none of the water that should have been mixed in. Free USA Today newspaper was nice. The parking was plentiful and the grounds were nicely kept, although many of the screens on the windows were broken. The hotel directly next door is under major renovation and looks like something out of Baghdad. There has to be a better place in town to stay than this.

• Liked — Near the interstate
  • Disliked — Lots of broken things
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Gatorzman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
birmingham, al
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I stayed at this Comfort Inn three times this month. The first time everything was okay, just a lot of wear in the room. The second time the same, except the pillows were way harder. But the last time takes the cake -- no hot water at 6:15 in the morning, no web access from the free "wireless internet" for which my computer showed a strong signal, plus the batter for the waffles at breakfast was way too watery. Plus I can't say I slept well any of the nights I was there. I've stayed at a bunch of Comfort Inns up and down I-65 between the Montgomery area and Mobile and this was honestly the worst of the lot.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
6 Thank An0nym0us
Travellers also viewed these Montgomery hotels
Quality Inn Montgomery
Quality Inn Montgomery
#4 of 6 in Hope Hull
Motel 6 Montgomery Airport - Hope Hull
Comfort Suites Airport South
Baymont Inn & Suites Montgomery South
Red Roof Inn Montgomery Midtown
Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South

Been to Super 8 Montgomery I-65? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Montgomery I-65

Property: Super 8 Montgomery I-65
Address: 1035 W South Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36105-3022 (Formerly Comfort Inn-Montgomery/W South Blvd)
Region: United States > Alabama > Montgomery
#2 Best Value Hotel in Montgomery
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Super 8 Montgomery I-65 2.5*
was Southern Inn for very short time while changing to Super8 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Montgomery I-65 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Montgomery