“Enjoyable, quaint, and good food”
Review of Michael's Table - CLOSED

Michael's Table
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Malone
Description: Recognized as one of Alabama"s Top 10 Dining Experiences, Michael's Table features international comfort foods and the finest wine list in the city.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We tried this place based on other Trip Advisor reviews and found it to be a great little place hidden in Montgomery. Being from the Montgomery area and the lack of nice restaurants this was a good find.

On our second visit the staff remembered us which was nice. We also made reservations online through opentable on tripadvisor. It wasn't packed but knowing we had a table was reassuring considering it is a smaller restaurant.

The service was good and the server made good recommendations on the food and drink based on what we told her. It could be pricey to some but from the reviews and the restaurant atmosphere itself this shouldn't catch anyone off guard.

The food was great. I had the Salmon both times. My wife tried something different each time based on server recommendation and was happy. She had the Spaghetti and had to have a box to bring some home. The Turkey Meatballs were huge and great addition.

The food itself comes out pretty quick so most of our time with our friends was spent after the meal talking. They had dessert which was outstanding. I am not a dessert person but giving you their take on it...

We've only had dinner here so I can't comment on other meal times but I'm sure other reviews will cover this.

If you want a nice night out with spouse or another couple and don't mind paying for a great meal with great service give Michael's Table a try.

1  Thank Earl B

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This quiet place is a good choice for a great dinner date! The food is very good, and the service is excellent. A 'must do' in Montgomery!

1  Thank pjb75
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Came here for Sunday Brunch because of all the great reviews, but boy was I disappointed. I ordered the Eggs Benedict and a Mimosa. The Eggs Benedict is just one egg...not two. The hollandaise sauce and the smoked salmon was the only good part about this dish as my fried egg was overcooked and not a bit of yolk spilled out as I cut into it. The mimosa was also disappointing as it was primarily orange juice or orange sherbet, not sure what they used. $24 later I was still hungry and still thirsty.

2  Thank Ityb55
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The food is wonderful, the chef a treasure and the atmosphere very nice. I highly recommend Michael's table.

1  Thank PaquiXochitl
Reviewed 23 November 2013

After receiving numerous recommendations we dined at Michael's table last night. Where to start; the bread and olive oil served before the meal was excellent. Bread was fresh and had some chew to it. The olive oil and herbs was an wonderful add. We started with the spinach salad which the waiter Shane split for us before bringing it to the table.
I had the mussels and clam dish and my friend had the red snapper. Both looked and tasted great. I have to admit I used the bread to sop up the last bit of the liquid from the mussels and clam dish, omg, yumm!!
The owner, Michael made rounds at the tables every hour which adds a nice touch.

Service was extremely good, we recommend asking for Shane if he has tables open. Very attentive and not intrusive. Other suggestion is to ask to be seated in the area not next to the kitchen. The kitchen noise made conversation a little difficult. Otherwise a perfect meal and evening.
While it is a bit pricey, the food quality matched the price. So far the best restaruent I have been to in Montgomery.

2  Thank Mark C