“Nice hotel with some good eating options close by.”

Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
St. Augustine FL
“Nice hotel with some good eating options close by.”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for two days for a business trip. I found the staff friendly, the room clean and the bed was comfy.

Overall a really nice stay, with some nice places to eat within walking distance. In fact right across the street you will find the Alley with some good choices. We ate at central and the steaks are to die for!

Also they have a nice Hospitality Suite on the 12th floor, for breakfast and evening snacks and drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kevin W, Manager at Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance Montgomery. We will share your positive comments with our staff and we look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our visit to this hotel began with high hopes of a sweet Valentine weekend getaway, instead we got a drink with fuzz and hair in it on our first night's stay. After waiting ten minutes to get another one we got one minus the hair and fuzz. Saturday morning room service was an hour late and brought only half our order. Room was not cleaned that day until after 4:00 PM. Room service on Sunday morning was another fiasco. Only half order was brought and the rest was brought 20 min later. The music from outside was extremely loud till well after midnight. I called the front desk and was offered 20.00 credit. Extremely insulting. We use Mariotts in all our travels and we have never had the experience that we had here. Just think, if the manager at front desk had been a little bit smarter I would not be writing this scathing review!

Room Tip: Stay away from riverfront
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tammie J
Thank You for staying with us at the Renaissance Montgomery and thank you for your feedback . I do apologizie for any inconviences you experienced and I am sorry that you had a less than favorable experience. I have shared your comments with our Management team and will use your comments to help improve our services.

Best Regards
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My husband stays at the Renaissance all the time for business, but this was my first stay at the Renaissance. We had tickets to see Amy Grant and Vince Gill on Valentine's Day at the Montgomery Performing Arts Center which actually connects to the hotel. The hotel is in a nice area, by the river, the baseball stadium, the Hank Williams museum, and the train station, along with many nice restaurants to choose from.
We arrived and parked in the parking deck, which was nice because rainy weather was coming in. We went to the reservation desk to check in only to be told our king room was not available and we has a double queen room. With it being Valentine's Day, that didn't sit very well with my husband. After he asked to speak with a manager, they magically found an available king room.
I was very surprised at how nice and luxurious this hotel was. The lobby, public areas, the hallways were all nicely decorated.
Our king room was beautiful, overlooking the river. The room had nice amenities: a huge pull-out desk/table, flat screen tv with lots of inputs for computer or game systems, a professional desk chair, a comfortable cloth chair and matching ottoman, beside tables on each side of the bed with three drawers each, a single serve coffee maker, a small refrigerator, a safe,& a closet with sliding doors. The bathroom was spacious with a separate tub and rain head shower. The bathroom ammenities are all Avena products, except for the tube of toothpaste....it's Crest:)
My only minor complaints were we heard a few doors slamming in the hallway, the bed was a little too soft for my liking, and the train station one block away was like having a built-in alarm clock!
I would definitely stay here again....it is a beautiful hotel! It was SO nice to just take the elevator downstairs, walk through the lobby, and down a short hallway to the concert. If you ever come to an event at the Montgomery Performing Arts Center, this is the place to stay!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to see Amy Grant and Vince Gill perform on Valentine's Day.

Best Regards.
London, England
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I had the misfortune to be in Montgomery during a bad winter storm, so I spent about half my trip stuck in the hotel with nowhere to go. I appreciate the hotel had difficulties providing services during that time due to staff availability and they did do their best to keep us provided with food and amenities.

The room itself was very big and comfortable, with a great bathroom. I had a good view of the river, and was perfectly happy with the room in every way. Housekeeping do a great job of maintaining the standards.

The bar is quite small, although I can see that it would be better in the summer with the outdoor area. On the only storm free night that I wanted to eat in the restaurant, they were only serving a quite expensive pre-theatre set menu, so that was annoying. However the location is good for nearby restaurants.

Overall I would stay here again and would recommend it as a good downtown Montgomery option.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kevin W, Manager at Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank You so much for staying with us at the Renaissance Montgomery and thank you for your patience during the ice storm and state of emergency here in Alabama. I appreciate your positive comments which I will share with our staff and I will also share your feedback in reagards to the pre-set menu with our Food and Beverage Director.Once again thank you for your comments

Best Regards
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Decided to join my husband for a 3-day business meeting. I had business to take care of myself, and knew that "by day", I would have to pretty much stay in the room and get through a few on-line courses, but "by night", I could enjoy the company of those here with his conference. If you're going to be "cooped up", this is a great place to do it. Everything is clean and well-appointed. Nice view from room #727. Front desk, Housekeeping and Room Service personnel have all been great!! Very professional and quick to share a smile. The food with Room Service is VERY GOOD, and the prices were surprisingly fair. The hotel staff has been VERY accommodating!! I may venture out, before the trip is over, but if not, this has been a great visit.... "cooped up in this room."

• Stayed January 2014
Mike E, General Manager at Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa. We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay and appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel personnel. Regards.
Alabama
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Very dependably above average. An oasis on a tired sports trip or business. Great soft linens and option of relaxing tub or separate roomy shower. Stayed here when packed house and never a prob with water temp or water pressure. When there is room, hotel honors every detail of special request re room location.

• Stayed October 2013
Mike E, General Manager at Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Best regards.
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I wish I could give this hotel a top rating but they failed to provide one simple ingredient, a room free from noise. The party in the hallway started at 10PM and continued until 3AM. Several calls were made to the front desk to complain but it was obvious they lacked the proper security to control crowds. This hotel is attached to a convention center so you are warned! I left a comment card at the front desk for the general manger (Mike) outlining our concerns but I have not heard from him as of date (28 Dec).

Room Tip: High floor, corner room away from the elevator.
Green Features: I did not observe any environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ICJOYNU
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa. We sincerely apologize for inconvenience of the noise during your stay. Per our phone conversation we look forward to serving you in the future. Best regards.