“Good location”

Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Room is pretty big, breakfast is ok: egg and patty plus waffle, bread, bagels, fruits etc.
The gym consists of a running plus a biking machines and a all in one, old style.
The motel is close to Panera, Craker Barrel and a Mall which is pretty convenient.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmdpc
Hansa P, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have a cat. We are Choice Hotel rewards members. As a rule Quality Inn and Sleep Inn are less than desirable, but most of the Comfort Inns do not accept pets. So…when we find a QI or SI that is nice, that is saying something, and this one was above average in our opinion. We had a suite. Very spacious for kitty to move around. It was definitely a "pet" room, but still clean. Had the MW and fridge. Very friendly staff. The location is excellent. Easy access off/on I-85. Lots of eating establishments nearby--most likely w/n walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank readytogo85
Hansa P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We have stayed here on multiple occasions and have always found the staff professional in all aspects. Our room was the room on the first floor that had a "hot tub", the bed was great as well as the shower but the carpet needs to be replaced as it was very spotted by who knows what and this was the only disappointing things about this visit. We will stay here again and I hope that management reads this and several other reviews about the carpet problems. The breakfast was excellent and the area was very clean as always.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Von K
Hansa P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Although the desk staff was very professional and the lobby was very clean - that's where it ends. The room had carpeting that was so filthy I wouldn't walk on it. The shower needed a good bleaching as well. The worse of all was a horrible stench. The smell was so bad that management forgot to remove an air cleaning device before assigning the room. The air machines could be heard running continuously. Don't know what was cooked, but the smell ensures I won't be returning again.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank pickey28
Hansa P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you, for bringing to my attention about the filth of the carpet. Currently we are in the process of having the carpet cleaned. I do apologize for the inconvenient noises made by the machine. However, I you also mentioned about an stench(odor) at any time you're more than welcomed to notify the front desk and we'll address it accordingly. I really hope you would continue to be one of our loyal guests. I'm willing to extend an welcoming discount on your rate for your next stay with Sleep Inn & Suites. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We checked in on Friday and checked out on Sunday night. The area where this hotel is located is close to restaurants & shopping, but is in on a quiet street so that was a plus! The grounds are well maintained and the hotel itself appears to be very clean.

We reserved a non-smoking room and was given a room on the 3rd floor. One of our biggest complaints about the hotel is that as soon as we got off the elevator we were bombarded with smoke. My son has asthma, and immediately needed to use his inhaler. Thankfully the only time we were at the hotel was in the evening time, otherwise I would have booked another room. If you have asthma or other respiratory illnesses, please do not stay here.

Our other big complaint is that my MIL got stuck in the elevator. Luckily they were able to get her out pretty quickly, but shortly there after another guest got stuck in the elevator . After that they put the elevator out of order for the rest of our stay. But again we were on the 3rd floor, my son has asthma, and the stair wells were so hot so he was incredibly uncomfortable

We also saw a roach in the hallway. I didn't notice any in our room, but where there is one, there are many. My son is also allergic to roaches, so we definitely won't be staying here again.

Pros: Super friendly staff, Good Location, hot waffles included in the complementary breakfast

Cons: Smoky hallways, not enough distance between smoking & non-smoking rooms, malfunctioning elevator, roaches, dusty coffee maker in room, rubbery overcooked microwaved eggs in the complementary breakfast, over chlorinated pool makes it difficult to breathe on the first floor.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by cigarette smoke, ask for a room closer to the end of the hallway furthest awa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacy R
Hansa P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I sincerely apologize about the inconveniences during your stay with us. The elevator went down unexpectedly, which we know cause disturbances! However, the floor you was given is a smoking floor. We assign rooms according to the availability on a first come first serve basis. The next time you decide to reside with us, I'll make sure you are put on the first or second floor; or while your making your reservation, there is a option for special request and notes! The staircases are the only other option of exiting the building besides the elevator, I will see about making them more pleasant. Also, I do apologize for the situation with your son which caused his asthma to flare due to the smoke in the hallway. The breakfast food thank you for bringing that to my attention, I will see about changing the eggs! The bugs (roaches) you found in the hallway, I do apologize, but I will notify our exterminator of the issue. Ms.Rogers I sincerely hope you will continue to be one of our guests. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Okay, I've reviewed this property before and give it high marks. Great value and clean and friendly. I always stay here when in Montgomery (in my territory for my job). I've stayed at the property 15+ times since it was built. This past weekend I was passing through as I returned home from a business meeting. I was in a suit and wanted to change into shorts. I was not staying at the property but I stopped in about 9:30 pm and asked if I could change clothes in the bathroom by the pool. The front desk girl was very nice and accommodating. She agreed. I was in and out in 10 minutes. Thanks for being so nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Hansa P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Hansa Patel
Sleep Inn & Suites, Montgomery
334-387-1004

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great friendly staff, good location convinient and easy access to many restaurants and stores. Weekend breakfast hours are flexible no need to wake up early. Clean pool and spa, for the money cannot ask for more.

• Stayed: July 2013