All reviewsindoor poolfront deskbreakfast was includedwould stay againchoice hotelspet feeeasy accessroom was cleanquiet locationbiscuitswafflesenjoyed our stayvery nice hotelcarpetcerealheadboardtournament
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The outside of this hotel looks very nice. The lobby was nice, but the clerk on duty was not very friendly. When we got upstairs to our room, it all fell apart. There were people in a couple of the rooms next to us that appeared to be living there. I think they were cooking a goat or something from the smell in the hallway. Our room was ok except for the carpet. The carpet was so worn and severely stained, that we did not want to walk barefoot in our room. The rest of the room was just ok.

Room Tip: Don't go on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbooth2099
Hansa P, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to AL.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at Sleep Inn the first night of a long trip and were pretty tired since we were excited the night before and didn't sleep well. The grounds were clean, the lobby was very nice, but most importantly our room was clean and comfortable. We were somewhat disappointed that there was no sofa in our king room, however. But there was a very comfortable chair that we took turn sitting in.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sewgoode
Hansa P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the five star review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had an overall good experience with the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. No issues there. The internet speed was above average as I was able to stream some videos, which I've found to be a rarity in many hotels. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The carpet was very worn and in need of replacing, but not a huge issue. Noise was also a minor issue. The doors would slam if you didn't intentionally stop them so that made noise. However, I found having a fan on helped a great deal and noise wasn't a huge issue. My two big issues were, first, smoke smell. I don't know that this was the case on every floor but when I arrived on the third floor a smoking room was right across from my room and there was a strong smell of old smoke in the corridor. That smell had seeped into my room as well. Once I ran the AC a little it helped in the room, but if my wife had been along (she's highly allergic) it would have been a real issue. The second issue was ants in the room. I got a few bites. There were numerous ants all over the room. I reported it to the front desk, but don't know what follow up was done.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hansa P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

We truly do apologize about the incidents you had during your stay. Please contact us if you are ever in town. We want to make your stay pleasant with us. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

After driving cross country we loaded in to the Sleep Inn. Eager for a reprive from the road my Wife checked us in. We were hesitant as we haven't ever stayed with this chain. But traveling with our small dog limits your options. On entering we found the room to be in general good shape. Linens and towels appeared fresh and the bathroom appeared clean accept for a few small hairs on the tile floor. As others have noted the carpet could use a good cleaning. But it was passable in exchange for the room rate, Wifi and breakfast. One thing of note.. If your room is on the front side of the building.... large sodium halide flood lights are pointed directly at the front of the building at night. This is a great security measure but makes it difficult to sleep soundly even with all the blinds and drapes closed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Hansa P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience, and i sincerely apologize .

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very clean atmosphere and reasonably priced. I found the mattress way to soft and it was pretty obvious it needed to be replaced. All of the rooms may not have this mattress issue. The breakfast is your typical free motel breakfast.

The AC unit is aggravating as it is the kind of system that is activated by a movement sensor. I realize they are trying to save money but after being gone all day returning to your room with a room temperature of 82 is not pleasant, especially in Alabama heat.

I would probably stay again if in the area because of the price and cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hansa P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014