We moved from another hotel to be closer to our son's location at the Air Force bases. This hotel was right in the line of travel between Maxwell and Gunter and very easy to drive either way. We also moved because there was no breakfast at the original hotel we booked, although that was my mistake. I didn't really think about what we wanted when booking, and breakfast would be a major help (not to have to travel to get it and not to have to spend more money for it.)
The breakfast varied from day to day in the type of eggs/omlet and bacon/sausage/ham that were offered, which was very nice. There was also a plentiful supply of other items to choose from (all kinds of cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, toast, English muffins, pastries,drinks, and the coffee was wonderful to boot! (Not all coffee is the same, even at nice hotels.) So we were very satisfied with the breakfasts and the service by the staff. The front desk staff was also very kind and helpful, as we requested towels changed every day (though not the bed).
It was also at a convenient location in downtown Montgomery, with several nice restaurants (SaZa's, Jalapeno’s in the Alley, and Wintzel's to name three) within 100 yards of the hotel.
We stayed on the 9th floor with a side view, not great but not bad, considering you're in a hotel, and if the view is what you came for, stay home. Still, it was comfortable in the room and there were the usual amenities plus an unexpected one. A large mirror was overlaid on the door of the small closet, which could be pulled to reflect into the bathroom mirrors for a full check of one's outfit before leaving.
All in all we were very satisfied with the hotel and the staff and wouldn't hesitate to come here again if we were in the area. Oh, did I mention the price? At least, during June, the price was very reasonable (90-100 per night for the week, plus tax of course). A great value because it included a wonderful breakfast.
One last thing, as you walk in the lobby, they have two pitchers of water with lemons in one and limes in the other, and glasses available to make yourself a refreshing drink if you so desire. A nice touch! Oh, and the beds (we had two queens) were very comfortable! They also had a restaurant in house but we never used it due to our schedule with family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of downtown Montgomery, this hotel is located in the fascinating historic district. Explore Montgomery's interesting history or treat yourself to an afternoon of shopping. Visit the Civil Rights Memorial & Center, admire the Confederate War Memorial, or walk the historic Selma to Montgomery National Historic Trail. This hotel in Montgomery also puts you within walking distance of the Hank Williams Museum, and just minutes from the Alabama Shakespeare Festival grounds. Play a game at Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail or stroll through Fort Toulouse/Jackson Park. Each room comes with an always clean and fresh Hampton bed(R) and complimentary WiFi to help you stay connected. Enjoy our free hot breakfast each morning, stay active in our fitness room, or stay productive at our 24 hour business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown Hotel Montgomery
- Hampton Inn And Suites Montgomery-Downtown
- Hampton Inn Montgomery