“GREAT NIGHT STAY”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moody
Daytona Beach, Florida
“GREAT NIGHT STAY”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

While traveling through on the way to Florida, we stopped on July 3, 2012. Stayed one night and checked in around 1100pm and checked out around 800 am the next morning. Check in was very smooth with no reservation made ahead of time. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Water pressure was good. Check out was just as smooth. Will stay at this hotel again when traveling through.

Room Tip: Room was clean and smelled fresh
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank raju3031

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel has become one of my favorite hotels of all the MANY hotels I stay at.
I am in the surrounding Birmingham area (Moody, Leeds, Irondale, Birmingham etc.) I will go out of my way to stay at this hotel.
The reasons are as follows
Great internet.
Clean bathrooms.
Very comfortable beds
Friendly staff
The manager remembers you and makes you feel welcome even if your last stay was a few months ago.
Works with you to get the best rate available
I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family!

Room Tip: I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Wardensville, WV
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Motel 6 type room. Some odor, I think it usually was used for families with pets. Everythinjg in room was generic. Beds were somewhat hard. No restaurants nearby. Receptionist polite and helpful. Large bath-tub. Air conditioning, wireless internet good. Accepted AARP discount.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We were traveling from TX to SC with our two kids plus our small pets and decided to stay for the night at this motel. Worst decision because the room is not worth the price, the bathroom was disgusting with the bath tub walls having pubic hairs and dirty handprints plus the shower curtain being moldy. The bathroom was also smelly like urine. There were no toiletries provided either. What kind of housekeeping is being done? The beds were not that great either and the room smelled like smoke although it was a non-smoking room. This motel should be shut down because it is a disgrace to the Super 8 Motel chain!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank janie74us

Travellers are raving about these Moody hotels

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I know "Low End Super 8" may sound redundant but I've stayed in some pretty decent ones before. This is not one of them. I was looking for a cheap place to crash for the night and got what I paid for. Check in was quick. Neighborhood looked sketchy. I didn't feel safe and was worried about my vehicle. Nothing happened. Looked like a lot of contractors were staying there and the hotel was quiet. Room was ok. Not the cleanest but about what I expected by the look of the property. If you need a cheap place to lay your head for the night this would probably be ok.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Moody, Alabama
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Yes it was cheaper than staying in Birmingham, but it was not worth the money I paid. Don't call the 800 number ... they said the hotel was full. I got a CHEAPER rate on Priceline as soon as I hung up with the person who answered the 800 number, who incidently couldn't tell the difference between Moody, AL and Mobile, AL. I told her 3 times I wanted the Super 8 in Moody. She kept telling me there was no such place in Mobile. It would be nice if the people on the other end of the phone could UNDERSTAND english.
Checked in just before midnight. FREE parking. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was ok. Towels were smelly. Make sure you take the bedspread off, don't even think of laying on it. Was able to access WiFI from the room. Basically it was a crash pad from midnight until 7:00AM. Free CNN & HBO.
Breakfast available was coffee, frosted flakes and fruit loops in dispensers (don't ask me how long they looked like they had been in there), and English Muffins. OJ was in the fridge.. I just took the coffee ... and headed to Burger King for HOT food!!! Waffle House is also nearby. I would give this hotel 5/10

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I have to say I cannot recommend this motel. The blankets smelled and seemed unclean, we were woken up by a staff member knocking at 7:30 am after we were trying to sleep in after a long nights drive, they did not replace our towels, when we arrived the room was scorching hot, and we were refused even an extra 15 minutes for extended check out.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank streetlightbryan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moody
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Leeds
Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside/Pell City
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville

Been to Super 8 Moody? Share your experiences!