“Fresh clean hotel”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fresh clean hotel”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed here a few times for business trips and from the moment you walk into the lobby with its bright happy colors it feels like home away from home. Rooms are clean, staff are friendly. Breakfast has a good variety of items. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I were attending our granddaughter's graduation from Auburn, so of course we expected an inflated price for the event; but going from an $89 room (quoted after check-out) to $159 was disappointing.

Room Tip: Lots of road noise on interstate side.
Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
StaffatFairfield, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize if our elevated rates during your stay were surprising to you. During such special events as Auburn University's Spring Graduation, hotel rates throughout the area see dramatic increases due to the high demand of the event. I assure you that we strive to always be fairly priced and stay competitive with hotels that are similar to ours. Our goal is always to provide the best service and the best product possible so that our guests enjoy their visit and feel as though they received the best value available. We hope you will choose to stay with us again if you are in the area.
Kindest regards,
Emily
Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. The building is approximately four years old. Our room was perfectly clean. There was a desk and the WIFI was strong. Nice HD TV. Shower force was excellent. The beds were comfortable and the bed spreads were spotless. Just a great place at a good price (We actually stayed on Marriott points). Also convenient to shopping and the interstate.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
StaffatFairfield, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate you mentioning those specific items that are important to our guests (wifi, HDTV, water pressure) that we don't have specifically listed on our hotel website. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. Kindest regards, Emily
Southeast virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I concur with most of the reviews. My family and I were pleased with our stay. The location was good being about 10 minutes from Auburn University where we were visiting. The room was a little small, but for the price, it was worth it. there was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The beds were comfortable and the room quite. We did stay for the complementary breakfast which was served from 6 to 9 AM. There was a good assortment of food, including some asian fare (dried soups, etc). The waffles were very good (make sure you try this). The breakfast staff were very helpful and friendly (even though we arrived late--she did not make us feel rushed).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mkingsva
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. We are always striving to impress every guest that decides to stay with us because we know there are a lot of options to choose from when traveling to Auburn/ Opelika. I will share your comments with our breakfast hostess and let her know that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us again if the opportunity arises and thank you again for your time.
Kindest Regards, Emily
LA
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed at this location recently. Staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast area was clean and selection of food items was acceptable. This location is easily accessible from the Interstate and is located adjacent to a large shopping mall and a variety of choice for quick dining. We stayed on the side facing the interstate and noted some road noise but overall not overly bothersome. This is a very good location for an overnight stay and I would not hesitate to return there for an extended stay if in the area again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side away from the road, probably not as much road noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Alabama
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I ended up at this hotel last weekend unexpectedly. I had a reservation at the Auburn Hampton Inn and due to plumbing issues, they moved me to this hotel. I was slightly aggravated about the change until I got to the Fairfield. First of all, the desk staff/mgmt were soooooo nice! They gave me a welcome bag and really went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating.
The room was really nice. I was put in a King Suite, with a separate living room. It was certainly nicer than what I had booked at the Hampton Inn down the road!

When I checked out the next morning to move to the Hampton Inn, I told them I would be back to the Fairfield on future trips to Auburn/Opelika for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed here two nights while making a visit to Auburn University. It was about a1.5 hours drive from the Atlanta airport, and 10 minutes from the university. The room was clean and comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of the five square pillows on each bed...I think I would prefer three standard size pillows! Anyway, the room had a fridge and small microwave which I did not use. They provided Pantene shampoo but not lotion for those that rely on those items. Breakfast was provided - it was continental with cereal, baked goods, you could make waffles, and there was a microwave for Jimmy Dean's items. The overall experience was as expected for a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika
Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Auburn

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika? Share your experiences!