“Wonderful Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was there on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised when I got there, because the hotel offered complimentary Chick-Fil-A and an array of beverages. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean and inviting. I will use this hotel each time I go back to Opelika.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina A
hiopelika, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Good Morning Christina A,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Opelika Alabama. It is our goal to make your stay in Opelika as comfortable as possible. The staff takes pride in knowing that our guests are well taken care of each time they visit. We hope to see you soon and thank you again for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I wanted to give this place a 5 but as HI Express goes it felt like they were starting to let things slip. Examples - some of the carpets in the halls and elevators needed either a good cleaning or replacing. The Wi-fi was completely out on the second day of our stay and the front desk attendant said at that time nothing was being done to remedy the situation. One of our towels had a hole as big as a silver dollar in it. I would have been embarassed to give a guest a towel that looked like that. At breakfast on both days we were there, they had no cinnamon rolls. Imagine, the breakfast item that is your trademark and that is even advertised on your billboard is not available! Also the pancake machine was out of order. On our floor the vending machine was out of order and did not take dollar bills. Maybe it was just an unlucky weekend but it just felt that they were getting sloppy. I've been to many other HI Express properties and was disappointed by this one.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear rwdragon86,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27734291

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about 2 1/2 months for business purposes. From the very first impression to the moment that I checked out for the last time, it has been a pleasure staying at this hotel. I'm usually a stingy reviewer, but I would have to give thumbs up!

The hotel has some of the best people. Throughout 2 1/2 months at Holiday Inn Express-Opelika, I did get to know Amanda, the GM, Stormie, Stephen, Kelsey, Andy, and other staffs are really friendly. On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays evenings, there's Manager's Reception, where you get to eat for free. The food is excellent.

The hotel facility is modern and clean.

Thank you all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I agree with John z on the customer service and staff person, Stormie. I was in the Suite on the 3rd floor and my room was nice, clean and comfortable. Nice decor, roomy.updated. I would suggest possibly a towel or grab bar in the walk-in shower, I was glad to see the indoor spa, exercise room and office use, , and starter breakfast in a nicely decorated spacious room and friendly hostess. If you are visiting any schools nearby or just visiting I suggest this location. it is close to a grocery store, shopping, pharmacy,dining.and right off of I-85 . I went to Tuskeeegee ,Al and it was about a 20 minute drive or less, and well worth this location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2012

It is a pleasure to deal with HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS that is so customer service oriented(PROVIDED BY KELSEY) in this day and age when there is so little customer service being offered. I sincerely appreciate KELSEY’S responsiveness and the way KELSEY conducts business. KELSEY IS A kind caring PERSON that makes you want to come back to HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS . KELSEY is an exceptional manager that trains HER employees to provide the excellent service and reduce cost for HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS. Successful businesses realize the front-line customer service person is critical to the success of the business THAT WAS PROVIDED TO HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS BY KELSEY. KELSEY’S EXPERTISE OF THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS HOTEL AND SURROUNDING AREA ENHANCES THE CUSTOMERS EXPERIENCE WHICH GIVES A HIGH DEGREE OF CONFIDENCE IN HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS . KELSEY is a GREAT leader THAT PROVIDES HER team with the tools and knowledge as well as the encouragement, and compliments to provide dynamic customer service to ensure the highest profit margin for HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS in the game today. Please let your management know that HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS@OPELIKA HAS a group of truly customer-oriented employees, something that's increasingly difficult to find these days BECAUSE KELSEY has set superior standards. People expect good service but few are willing to give it, KELSEY IS ONE OF THOSE RARE INDIVIDUALS THAT GIVE MAXIMUM EFFORT TO PROVIDE THE VERY BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE. KELSEY IS AN EXCEPTIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO BRINGS A COMMITMENT OF EXCELLENCE TO ALL HER PROJECTS.
Thanks again for the excellent service BY KELSEY.

VERY SINCERELY

JOHN ZIMMERMAN

Room Tip: floors 8-10 usally has better view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The staff at this hotel has become our family with our recent stay, due to the smoke damage from a recent kitchen fire at our local home. Our two small dogs have enjoyed the visit too. We will recomend this Hotel to others. If we have a large group visiting us we will be booking rooms here for their visit. Nice new decor, clean and most of all very comfortable rooms. It very close to shopping, eatting and our home too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank suzy w
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I'm not sure how old this place is but I am pretty sure that it is no more that a year or two old.
It seemed pretty stanadard for a Holiday Inn. It was clean and comfortable. The only negative thing I found was that the walls seemed a little thin. I could hear the TV from the next room and could hear someone next door (or upstairs ?) running water. Not loud but noticeable. Other than that (which was really minor), my stay was great.

They had a nice fitness room. Did not use the outdoor pool (although even in February, it was almost warm enough to try it.;-). The breakfast was very good. Large variety and good quality. The staff was also very nice and professional.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay and will consider staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Candlewood Suites Auburn
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Auburn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#9 of 17 in Opelika
Home2 Suites by Hilton Opelika Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn? Share your experiences!