“Wonderful stay and staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Arlington
“Wonderful stay and staff”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had a wonderful stay at this location. I was there on business from 1/19/14 thru 1/22/14 and everyone on your staff was very friendly and helpful. I would like to say that Darby was the young lady that checked us in and she was so helpful and very sweet. She was very helpful in giving us tips on places to eat as well. The breakfast was really good and the hotel was spotless. Great job to the crew in Opelika, AL.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ellis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hello Jeannie L,

This is the second site I have read a review from you not including the email you also sent me. Thank you again for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. I can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate your visit. I know how precious time can be, so you taking the time to send multiple reviews does and will not go unrecognized. Thank you again. We hope to see you again soon.

Ellis Sanders
334-749-5250
Ellis@mhgrp.net

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Wow~ as my teens like to remind me, I don't impress easily. Yet this HIExpress exceeded my expectations!!
I live nearby but needed a 1 night local stay. Usually we have a local 'preference' chain but I decided to venture out on Priceline. When I had difficulty completing the transaction online, I called the hotel directly and they were FANTASTIC. The rate was $8 higher than P.line but who cared after the customer service I received?!
This HIE is immaculately clean, contemporary updates and a very welcoming fireplace in lobby. There was even a managers reception for an hour with complimentary drinks/appetizers.
Once I used my keycard, I noticed that the actual room was small but well apptd and über clean. The beds were cozy and the pillows are FULL size (not a 1/2 size skimper)- Hooray!! Our room boasted a micro & fridge & the bathroom was spotless. Obviously these points count to our specific family. The location is RIDIC easy directly off exit 58 on I-85.
Trust me...the other 'preferred choice' of ours has now become the 2nd choice for quick stays in Auburn, Al area.

• Stayed January 2014
Ellis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Hello Khmergirl,

I hope no one else takes offense to what I am about to write but I have to admit that your review is the best review I have ever read! Every positive review we receive shows that the hard work we put forth is showing, just as every negative review lets us know what we need to work on. The pillows you slept on are new to the brand and we are currently in the process of having all rooms converted to the pillows you enjoyed so much. We are also working on having Microwaves and mini Fridges placed in all guest room because important guest just like yourself deserve the best experience we can provide. Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a remarkable review! We hope to see you again soon and hope to be able to exceed your expectation every time! Please be sure to say hello on your next visit so that I my thank you in person. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Ellis Sanders
334-749-5250
Ellis@mhgrp.net
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Opelika Holiday Inn Express across from Tiger Town on two different occasions within a week in December. We were completely satisfied with the hotel, the location, the personnel, and the breakfast. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Reception was very efficient and helpful, the facilities were clean and neat, and the location is very convenient to all of the restaurants, shopping, and everything else at Tiger Town. It's also fairly near Auburn.
The women that work the breakfast buffet were very personable, and the buffet itself was great. The scrambled eggs were perfect, and it was nice to have biscuits and grits (although instant). Waffles, sausage, cereal, bagels, toast, juice, and very good coffee too. We stall return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hwy1SouthNC
Ellis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello Hwy1SouthNC,

With the 2013 coming to an end I am extremely grateful to end this year knowing you had a great stay. It means a great deal to my team members and myself that every guest receives the best possible accommodations we can provide. We all strive to go above and beyond so its always a plus to know that great guest like yourself enjoyed their stay. I hope you will visit us again soon. Please ask for me when you do so that I may thank you in person. I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Would like to thank Brittany who took our reservations & knowing she would not be available once we arrived on a date which was extremely busy(Auburn Iron Bowl) made certain whomever was at the front desk knew our situation & while in route I called on day of our arrival did not have to even explain things over again. In fact didn't even have to give my name I was simply asked once I asked for Brittany is this Mrs. Nicholson & once I replies yes she assured me she would do all she could to get us checked in early because I was traveling with 2 handicap people & that she could possibly get us in a room by 12:30 or 1:00 pm. We arrived at 10:30 am & I believe once she (Lauren)saw the challenges I was faced with & not wanting to leave my mom or husband in lobby because I was going to the game (who both are handicap) she went above & beyond to make things happen for us & I was able to leave by 12:00 pm feeling much better knowing I was able to see for myself that they were both comfortable & securely in our room. Even though Brittany assured me she would leave instructions & they would have enough help on that day for someone to assist them to the room should I have to leave before the room was ready there is nothing like taking care of your own yourself!!! Also everything I requested for our room was right on!!! Thank you so much Brittany & Lauren for making our stay stress free & comfy!! May God continue to bless you both!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Milton, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for a wonderful Thanksgiving and game day weekend with our daughter who attends Auburn University. The room and bathroom were very clean, the bed extremely comfortable, the heat worked very well on a night when the temperature fell into the teens, and the WiFi connection super fast! The coffee was wonderful and breakfast as well as the breakfast staff better than average. The location is very convenient, just a few minutes from restaurants, shopping and campus. Very professional staff, always courteous and helpful, many thanks and kudos to Lauren, Ben, Justin, and Katy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jack S
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here a few nights to spend with my AU family for the Georgia game. Overall, the staff was helpful and the rooms were fine. It is located close to a shopping mall and the Interstate which makes it good for traveling to Auburn just up the road. Unfortunately, the hotel is located next to an active construction site of some type and the breakfast selection was somewhat lackluster. At the end of the day, it is a good value... just don't expect too much from it.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank RoyW1987
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear RoyW1987,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waynesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

The bed was way too hard and the pillows were 4 - 1/2 sized pillows. Breakfast was typical of what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were clean. The shower was nice. It was a corner unit without a bathtub, so there was no need for a shower curtain.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
The Hotel at Auburn University
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika
Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn? Share your experiences!