“Average room for an overnight stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Opelika
Muldrow, Oklahoma
“Average room for an overnight stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stopped here just to sleep and shower while traveling. Good service, friendly staff. The rooms are ok, clean but if you look you can find flaws. Bed ok, bathroom ok, breakfast is toast and cereal. Had a microwave and fridge in the room. I paid 50 for a king room, free wifi

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank redlandfd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I usually stay near Auburn University or near Exit 58 on I85 during game-days but for the florida game I could not find rooms available in that area. So I checked with this for the first time.

During the reservation, I requested for a non smoking room but it was not available. So I was forced by myself to take the smoking room. When I checked in, the room was super clean and I felt like the room was never smoked before. Great beds, quiet place, free wi-fi and good free breakfast and I felt this room is really more than worth for the money I paid.

I really enjoyed my stay and this place is going to be my first choice for my future stays.

Room Tip: Inside corridor are great
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank harideepan r
alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

We have stayed here several times as Opelika is the next closest city to our Alma mater, Auburn Unversity. We spend over half as much money staying here, with a short drive to campus. Clean, wifi, continental breakfast. Owners are Aubur
Graduates!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank happycat0965
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I was drawn by the Interstate billboards. $39/night?! Really? In 2011?

I was a little put off by appearances at first, but decided to pull in anyway. I am glad I did! The lady at the desk was extremely helpful. My room was nothing to brag about, but much more than I would expect for $39/night.

I don't know what the prior reviewer was talking about. For $39/night, you know you're not staying at the Sheraton. But this place was actually perfectly acceptable. If you're picky, you can choose to drive to drive through to Montgomery or Atlanta, but you're going to find yourself paying 3 to 4 times more for the exact same thing.

If I'm ever back in the area, I will make it a point to stop here again. What it loses in location, it more than makes up for in price!

There is a light breakfast served. A great opportunity to meet interesting people who appreciate a diamond in the rough like this Econo Lodge is!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank James H
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

This was, by far, the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. Disgusting. The second I walked in the room, the smoke was so bad that I ran to the side of the building and threw up. There was blood on the pillow and a cheeto under the comforter. We got up in the middle of the night because we could not stand the smell anymore and went and stayed somewhere else. We kept our door open while we were there because the smell was so bad. Dont dare turn on the sir, the smoke is in there also. The only good thing is the guy was nice and gave us a free rollaway bed, that we never used. Would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

Recommended: I stayed there during the football game of Auburn Vs. Clemson. The rooms were clean and neat. Even though i had reserved a smoking room due to non availability, the motel made sure my rooms was as good smelling as possible. They provided scented candles and air purifiers and it all worked. The frontdesk guy Rick was an Auburn fan but still was very helpful and jovial and made sure we were comfortable. Good place to be during games. Highly recommended,

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

Had to stop on my way to Florida for a conference and Econo Lodge @OPelika offered me the best price for the clean and spacious room with free continental break fast, internet service and it has good amount of TV channels too which suits all the age.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika
#7 of 16 in Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn
Quality Inn Auburn University Area

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!