Was pleasantly surprised at my first Microtel experience. 9 PM on a Tuesday night on the way to take my daughter to college at Bama--did I mention that it was Move In day at Auburn University? Did not have a reservation and called around using Hotel Tonight to find a place. Hotel Tonight was not very well updated, and we went to another hotel who was sold out but offered to call Microtel for us. Crystal at the desk at Microtel took my reservation and had the room keys lined up to program when we hit the door. Great room, very comfortable with 2 great big Queen beds for us. I must say, though, I agree with previous posters that the breakfast is pretty thin...sort of prefab eggs and had and cardboard bread to make a pseudo Egg McMuffin. No fruit. No mayo or mustard for the egg. So plan on breakfast elsewhere. But a nice place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Inn & Suites at Tigertown Opelika/Auburn Guest Rooms: All 77 guest rooms are smoke free, energy efficient designed, come with a 32-inch flat screen HD TV, equipped with a hospitality center which features a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. A daily free hot/continental extended breakfast, and in the evening we offer a complimentary manager's reception with light refreshments and tasty treats Monday-Thursday from 5-7p.m. Our spacious Suite rooms offer a sofa couch with an ottoman to relax. Also a dividing wall for privacy, breakfast nook with granite countertop, two bar stools, and a built in sink, it also has a great work area with two ergonomic chairs and a large work desk. Hotel Amenities: Complimentary high-speed wired and wireless internet access (Wi-Fi), throughout the entire property, including all guest rooms, conference center and a 24-hour business center with secure remote printing. This way guest can stay connected at all times during their stay. Guest looking to stay focused and energized there's a fitness center and basketball goal. We also offer self-serve guest laundry, outdoor swimming pool with patio seating and at the end of the day relax at the gazebo under eco-friendly warm solar lighting. Local Attraction: Our property is located in Tiger Town next to shopping, dining, Tiger 13 Movie Theater, only 5 miles from downtown Auburn University where you can stroll down Toomer's Corner find the best Auburn Tiger Events, Concerts, Nightlife, Festivals, and much more. Stay at Microtel Inn & Suites at Tigertown Opelika/Auburn and enjoy the true meaning of "Southern Hospitality". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Opelika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Opelika
- Microtel Inn & Suites Opelika Hotel Opelika