“The Pub”

Irish Bred Pub
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Here at Irish Bred Pub, our vision is to be the hub of our community and to create a new "local" in Historic Downtown Opelika - a place where people gather, exchange ideas, make new friends, catch up with old friends. At our restaurant you will enjoy locally grown vegetables, fresh beef, chicken, and seafood served by the area's friendliest service staff and prepared by our Chef, Chris Stone (a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute who came to us from Wolfgang Puck Catering) and his team. Hosting an event or have a big group to feed? Well you're in luck because Irish Bred Pub does catering! Now we can bring the delicious food and drinks right to you and ensure that your event is a huge hit. Some of our most popular dishes include our fish and chips, shepherd's pie, and Guinness BBQ Bacon Burger. So come on in, pull up a chair, relax, and let us serve you as the worries of the day melt into distant memories.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My family loves the pub! the atmosphere, the food, it's become THE downtown place to eat! It's casual and friendly.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I've only lived in the Auburn/Opelika area for a few months and decided to give it a try despite some negative reviews. I was very disappointed. I went on a Monday at lunch time with two out of town guests. Despite it not being busy, it took almost 10 minutes to get seated. It was a cold, blustery day and we were seated by the door. My guests both ordered a meat and three (one grilled chicken, one fried), while I decided to try their rueben sandwich combo. The waitress was nice, but unprofessional. We had to remind her to bring us refills and condiments. She responded to my request for mustard with, "well if you want regular mustard, I will have to remember where that is." I received spicy brown mustard instead. The food came out in a reasonable amount of time. However, EVERYTHING was over cooked. Even the fries with my sandwich were over cooked and a dark brown color. When the waitress was alerted, she apologized and said she would let the kitchen know. There was no offer to bring out new food and there was no comp on our bill despite my guest not eating her chicken at all because it was so chewy and over cooked. No manager came out to apologize. There was also a problem with the gentleman's lunch who was sitting behind us. His ticket wasn't printed in the kitchen and he sat there waiting for his lunch for a long time. He was there when we were seated, and just had gotten his food by the time we paid and left. The meat and three lunch combo was decently priced at $6.99 but the Rueben sandwich combo was a bit pricey at over $9.00. I normally will give a restaurant three tries if there are issues before I decide whether or not it will be one that I frequent, however, between the very poor quality of food, price and service, I will not be returning. It is a shame that such a nice looking place can be so disappointing.

1  Thank StarsFellOnAl
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Had a stop in Opelika and decided to try irish bred pub for an early dinner.. The out side is very cute and the inside is a tad irish and I mean by some of the photos and stuff around the pub, but beyond that that it is all the Irish you will get. The food was basic bar food, sandwiches , Burgers , and fish ...I was not impressed with the menu. I settled on a Ruben and my husband did the special of fish. The food was hot and tasty but it's not anything I would go out of my way to try again. Our waitress was very nice and was very attentive towards us. I think this is more a hang out and a drinking spot not so much a food stop.

1  Thank 44tracyc
Reviewed 17 February 2014

People were very nice at this restaurant. The food was very good and filling. The choices of beer were terrific. The other customers and the camaraderie that was evident at the bar made for a fun evening. The atmosphere is also very interesting in that the restaurant used to be an old pharmacy. I'd recommend this place for families or friends. The prices were right as well.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am always looking for a good Irish or English pub and this one is definitely one of the better ones that I have run across. It is set in a nicely restored area along railroad on Railroad Street in Opelika. Looking forward to returning to this street for a good look around. I had a salad with steak and it was very very good. It was about 11ounces short of a 12 ounce steak! I really would have loved a little more meat as it was delicious! They also had real Guinness on tap like I like it. I will be returning often to try the authentic Irish fare. If you like pubs, this is worth a visit.