“fun neighborhood place”

Irish Bred Pub
Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Here at Irish Bred Pub, our vision is to be the hub of our community and to create a new "local" in Historic Downtown Opelika - a place where people gather, exchange ideas, make new friends, catch up with old friends. At our restaurant you will enjoy locally grown vegetables, fresh beef, chicken, and seafood served by the area's friendliest service staff and prepared by our Chef, Chris Stone (a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute who came to us from Wolfgang Puck Catering) and his team. Hosting an event or have a big group to feed? Well you're in luck because Irish Bred Pub does catering! Now we can bring the delicious food and drinks right to you and ensure that your event is a huge hit. Some of our most popular dishes include our fish and chips, shepherd's pie, and Guinness BBQ Bacon Burger. So come on in, pull up a chair, relax, and let us serve you as the worries of the day melt into distant memories.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I like the burgers here, and the chips and queso are pretty good. They could do better with home-made chips instead of the restaurant packaged chips. But overall, it's a fun place to hang out.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Family favorites in this "Pub" built in one of the old downtown brick buildings are the Shepherd's Pie, the Fish and Chips, and the lunch specials. We've gone with anywhere from 2 to 8 people and never have a very long wait(usually no more than a 1/2) hour. Our wait staff is usually very knowledgeable about the menu and the beer selections. Sure, if you want traditional Irish food, go to Ireland, but this is a great place to take your family to enjoy dinner together....yes I'm Irish and from a big city called Boston, so I don't have the same expectations as I do when I'm home, however the food, and portions are never something we complain about.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a great spot for a casual meal in downtown Opelika. Great location on the tracks. these are a couple of our family's favorites. Maytag Chips appetizer is an Irish Bred Pub Specialty! Homemade potato chips covered in Maytag bleu cheese with bacon bits and scallions. Generous portion, plenty to share. Knockmealdown Shepherd's Pie is Traditional Irish fare made with seasoned ground beef, peas and carrots, simmered in a rich gravy. Topped with mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese. Served with a Pub House Salad. Tasty comfort food.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My family loves the pub! the atmosphere, the food, it's become THE downtown place to eat! It's casual and friendly.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I've only lived in the Auburn/Opelika area for a few months and decided to give it a try despite some negative reviews. I was very disappointed. I went on a Monday at lunch time with two out of town guests. Despite it not being busy, it took almost 10 minutes to get seated. It was a cold, blustery day and we were seated by the door. My guests both ordered a meat and three (one grilled chicken, one fried), while I decided to try their rueben sandwich combo. The waitress was nice, but unprofessional. We had to remind her to bring us refills and condiments. She responded to my request for mustard with, "well if you want regular mustard, I will have to remember where that is." I received spicy brown mustard instead. The food came out in a reasonable amount of time. However, EVERYTHING was over cooked. Even the fries with my sandwich were over cooked and a dark brown color. When the waitress was alerted, she apologized and said she would let the kitchen know. There was no offer to bring out new food and there was no comp on our bill despite my guest not eating her chicken at all because it was so chewy and over cooked. No manager came out to apologize. There was also a problem with the gentleman's lunch who was sitting behind us. His ticket wasn't printed in the kitchen and he sat there waiting for his lunch for a long time. He was there when we were seated, and just had gotten his food by the time we paid and left. The meat and three lunch combo was decently priced at $6.99 but the Rueben sandwich combo was a bit pricey at over $9.00. I normally will give a restaurant three tries if there are issues before I decide whether or not it will be one that I frequent, however, between the very poor quality of food, price and service, I will not be returning. It is a shame that such a nice looking place can be so disappointing.

1  Thank StarsFellOnAl