“Awesome Staff and Place”

Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Decatur, Georgia
“Awesome Staff and Place”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last night for the Iron Bowl Game. We woke up to an awesome continental breakfast. The lady Mrs. Peaches that checked us in was so sweet. I see why her name is peaches. The front desk/breakfast attendant Kimberly was so amazing she kept everything nice and clean. I noticed every time someone left a table she would come around and clean it off and asked everyone how they're doing....I absolutely loved her, she's always smiling and energetic with the most upbeat personality. Mrs. Peaches and Kimberly both work at the front desk I advise everyone who visits this place get a chance to meet them they're so sweet and full of energy. Keep up the work Kimberly and Mrs. Peaches. Hope to see you guys smiling faces next year. War Eagle!

• Stayed November 2013
Mickey P, General Manager at Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad that Peaches and Kimberly made your stay enjoyable. We pride ourselves to be courteous to all of our guests and go beyond our guests’ expectations. Thank you again for choosing Best Western and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Very well priced hotel considering all you get in return.... Great location, very friendly staff, clean rooms, great continental breakfast. Only complaint I could even think to muster up about this place would be the lack of an elevator, but even that wasn't enough to justify a complaint. Great stay!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for providing positive feedback. We are so glad that you were enjoy a clean room and take advantage of our continental breakfast. We are happy to hear that our staff made your stay a pleasant one. We hope you choose us again whenever you return to Opelika. Thank you again for choosing us and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
Auburn, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Opelika Best Western on an Auburn Game weekend. It was one of the more affordable hotels that we knew was clean and safe. You get what you pay for. Nice beds, room was clean, free wi-fi. I would recommend for folks on a budget like we are.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dousman, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had a wedding in area and the hotel accommodated us all very nicely. Staff very friendly ,rooms very nice and clean. Easy access to shopping,hwy 280 and other points of interest . Would stay here again

Room Tip: Being on 280 is a plus as all attractions branch from here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Chelsea, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here for a soccer tournament, my husband found it online and read good reviews. However, he was mistaken. The hotel is not in the best location. It is behind a gas station. We never stay in a smoking room because I am allergic to smoke, it causes migraines, burning eyes and severe coughing. They give me the room keys and we walk to the hall where our room is. The minute we turn onto the hallway, the smoke smell causes immediate coughing. I open the door and the smell overwhelms me into a fit of coughing and severe headache. I cannot walk into the room, so we walk back to the lobby carrying all our luggage. I discuss with the very rude desk clerk that I cannot stay in the room and that we reserved a no smoking room. Annoyed, she tells me that was the only double bed they had so if I wanted to stay in a room with a double bed I needed to go to another hotel! Please remember that we had made these reservations weeks ahead, She offers no more answers and begins to walk away. I quickly ask the irritated worker if there is a no smoking room with a king bed. She turns and says "yes, I believe so. Do you want that room?" So we change the rooms. Not because she offered or apologized, but because I had to ask. The walls are paper thin, room was small, as well as a tiny bathroom. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Austin, Tx
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When we couldn't get a hotel in Auburn we began looking in nearby Opelika for a place to stay this weekend. Glad we found the Best Western. Solid hotel for the value. Clean room and friendly staff. I'd recommend it to anyone and will make a return here if the opportunity is there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hotel is 2 miles or so from interstate, and we were a bit concerned, but not too hard to find ( a gps is helpful). The hotel was very nice with a great bed. The staff was helpful, pleasant and personable. The breakfast was typical for a Best Western, with the eating area very pleasant. Close to the downtown area and easy access to dining.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Candlewood Suites Auburn
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#9 of 17 in Auburn

Been to Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn? Share your experiences!