“GREAT PLACE”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
St. Augustine, Florida
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and staff (Deanna) treated us very well. There were no problems at all during our stay and we could not have asked for anything better for such a great price and I will definitly be staying here again whenever we are in the area!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank savedbygrace4
abviopelika, General Manager at Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
thank you for your review we appreciate your business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff was friendly and inviting! Deanna made sure I had everything my family and I needed, she made you feel at home in a hotel!!! She has made our experience by far one of the best I have ever had! The rooms were nice and clean. Coffee was started early and an ok breakfast selection. Wish the pool would had been open though!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lola331
Thank you for your review we appreciate your business
Faunsdale, AL
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in Opelika this past weekend for the LSU v. Auburn game. Your night clerk, Jay, was most accomodating, friendly and helpful! Rooms were very clean, and it was a great value. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tammy B
abviopelika, General Manager at Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
thank you for your review we appreciate your time and hope to see you again
Hueytown, Alabama
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I recently Lodged at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Opelika Alabama and it was the worst Experience I have even encounted in my life. First of all the Staff was very Unprofessional and so was the General Manager Mr.Bill Carter. I spoke to several staff memebers with some concerns that I had in my room, and I was promised that they would be addressed. Some things you can live without and some you can't. The TV was not that important but the Refrig. was. It didn't work,I lost 340.00 worth of Medicine due to non working Refrig. The Ice maker's didn't work, so again I had no way of keeping my Med's at the Temp they need to be. I didn't realize it wasn't working until the next morning when I brought it to the staff's attention and they promised me that it would be taken care of. Had I known that I would have gone to another Facility. The General Manager Bill Carter was no help and didn't offer any discounts or really apologize. I would never recommend this place for anyone to stay except HOMELESS people. The staff never cleaned my room and they only gave me 1 Bath Towel for the weekend.... I understand it was Football weekend and the Room rate are more, But Medical Staff has to have a place to sleep as well. But never here again ...+

Room Tip: Don't do it the Picture's that are shown, are for just a few rooms.. Don't be Fooled...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Jackie J
abviopelika, Manager at Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika, responded to this review, 13 May 2015
Brand inspection was on May 7,2015 our score was 486 out of 500 which is a grade A also we increased from a 3√ hotel to a 4√hotel with this inspection
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Place was awful. Booked a nonsmoking room, got a smoking room that reeked.
Hotel was dirty, stains on the carpets, upholstery and bedspread.
Missing tile in the bathroom, towel rack was hanging on by one screw.

Security latch on door had been ripped out the door was dented. I suspect it had been kicked in at some point. Insulation around the door was missing so it looked like it was open all the time.

Wifi was terrible, intermittent at best, I was constantly getting kicked off.

No working TV.

Staff was no help at all. When I asked about another room because of the smoking issue it was suggested that I try somewhere else, nothing they could do about it. No recourse offered.

I will avoid this whole chain in the future and would suggest the same for anyone else. You get what you pay for I guess.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sank63
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed here one night and felt safe, its interior rooms and clean

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
abviopelika, General Manager at Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in May. We take pride in keeping our hotel as clean and safe as we possibly can for our guests.
Thanks again, and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Quality Inn Opelika
Comfort Inn
#9 of 17 in Opelika
The Hotel at Auburn University
Candlewood Suites Auburn

Been to Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika? Share your experiences!