“Quality consistent”

Quality Inn Opelika
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Very easy and user-friendly to setup reservation online. Upon arrival the front desk was quick to recognize the online reservation, register me, and hand me room keys in under two minutes, and with a smile, a welcoming attitude and service mindedness all the time, including in the morning on way to and out of breakfast. Nighttime front desk Rick needs management coaching on the art of customer service over the telephone for he lacks friendly tone and a caring attitude. Rick did his job but with no enthusiasm, he needs to know how to shine thru the phone instead of sounding blah and uncaring. Frontdesk Thomas and Jacob were excellent and genuine in every way. Excellent hot breakfast with more than enough choices to start the day energy packed. Breakfast included easy to make do-it-yourself waffles, wonderful biscuits with a sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls, muffins, bagles, siced bread, butter, jelly, honey, peanut butter, cold cereals, juices, milks, coffee, oranges, apples, yogurts, etc. Rooms dated but clean, with mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, wifi, plenty of ice outside, linen fresh, pillo-topped mattress, warm soft light quilted comforter, soft sheets, wonderful pillows set in their Quality signature manner. Light fixtures for bed reading were nonfunctional. Front door parking. Laundromat. Pool. A little noisy at times from nearby I-85 traffic in rooms near interstate. Plenty of eating alternatives in area, and huge Tiger Town shopping complex just on eexit down the road. When in the area again I will choose Quality Inn of Opelika, Alabama.

Room Tip: Inner facing rooms not affected by interstate traffic noise. Peripheral rooms facing interstate plag...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
QualityAL287, General Manager at Quality Inn Opelika, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Traveller,

Thank you so much for this wonderfully detailed feedback that shows where we are both strong and weak! Please note that the issues you had with your stay have been/are being taken care of. I will be passing along your compliments to the staff as encouragement. Thank you once again for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Quality Inn - Opelika, AL

Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all our room wasn't ready when we we got there. We decided to go eat lunch and returned an hour later and it still wasn't ready. When we got our room, the door was hard to open and didn't want to close. The smell in the room was terrible because the toilet was leaking in the floor. We told the person at the front desk the next morning in hopes of it being fixed by the time we returned that night but I was wrong they came and fixed it at 9:00 that night. We came back that night and neither of our keys would work! I was also approached by a lady in the parking lot asking for money. Definitely will not stay here again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was a lousy place from what picture we seen on line it sort of reminded you of bates motel wouldn't stay again The bathroom had a leak around the floor the key wouldnt open the room had to get them to activate the key so we could get in they didn't know why it was like that just a all out bad place

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Where do I begin? I seem to always arrive in the wee hours.Before I made a reservation online, I called to make sure I would be able to park in front of my room. I was assured that all rooms were outside access so that would not be a problem. Wishful thinking.
I arrived at 3AM and told the clerk I needed to park in front of my room. He plays on the computer awhile and hands me my key cards for room 138. He shows me what building it is in and when I get there it is on the opposite side from the parking.
I return to the front. More clicking of computer keys. I am now headed to 139. It's on the side of the lot, yay. I drag my belongings toward the room and realize the drapes are drawn and the lights are on. IT'S OCCUPIED!!! How can this happen? There were all of 7 cars in the entire parking lot!!!! Why can't this guy find me a room?
Back to the front! I now head for 133. 45 minutes of sleep I have missed. At least I am the only one in this room.
There is no air on in the room, very stuffy. I open the fridge to put in the items from my cooler. The entire freezer is a block of ice.
I go to shower and one of the face cloths looked like it had been used to wipe up coffee.
Breakfast...they prefill the cups for the waffles and there is not enough in the cup so you get spider waffles... you know, like they have legs.
And I am from Florida so I know the difference between OJ and Sunny D.
The only thing that saved this place at all was the bed. Amazing pillowtop. The rest was just CRAP.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lyn A
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Don't let the lobby fool you this place is DUMP!!! Stop before or after Opelika to book a hotel room. Also, we found kids swimming trunks in the bottom of the pool. This place takes better care of their lawn than the rooms. You would be better off sleeping in your car.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tashika K
QualityAL287, General Manager at Quality Inn Opelika, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Traveller,

We sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and have taken your feedback into serious consideration. We have already begun to take steps to improve the quality of the room you stayed and would love to invite you back to see our improvements. Once again we apologize that the condition of this specific room was overlooked. Please call us at 334-745-6331 so we can have the opportunity to fix our mistakes.

Thank you so much for your time!

Quality Inn - Opelika, AL

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Room 106, the front wouldn't open, 1 inch opening at bottom, bathroom door wouldn't close, rust and peeling paint inside, rug and bedspread dirty, hair dryer didn't work, opened door to fridge, shelf fell off dumping bottles on floor, pool ladder loose, worms on bottom of pool. We didn't eat breakfast as we were afraid of Getting sick.

for this we paid $100.00? I have never written a bad review, but Choice Hotels should get rid do this place ASAP.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Shirley G
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I am staying at the hotel as I write this review,hotel is very old and out dated. Bedspreads ars disgusting and walls are chipped and need painted very bad.Carpet is very very dirty should have realized this was a bad spot when parking lot was empty. Just do not understand how people can expect to keep a hotel open without doing any up keep. Told lady at front desk that hotel was not up to standards her response was its not Ritz Carlton. Think Choice should step in and do a little survey because places like this give your brand a very bad name.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Red Roof Plus & Suites Opelika
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 17 in Opelika
Quality Inn Auburn University Area
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn

Been to Quality Inn Opelika? Share your experiences!