“This place was the definition of fleabag”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Reviewed 21 February 2007

I wish I could say that we had a great stay, but we did not.

Three of us were staying on business from the Atlanta area.
We reserved two rooms.

The first room I got smelled like a combination of body odor and mildew. It was so strong I had to open a window. My co-worker called me a "wimp" until he got a whiff, at which point we got me a new room. My new room was better, and did not smell. This, of course was after I saw hairs on the bathroom floor that are from the private region of the body.

The guys' room was smelly, too, but thankfully not as bad. Their table was so wobbly that you could not use it. The worst part and I am not kidding, nor am I exagerating, there was pee on the base of the toilet in their room.

We mentioned this to the attendant while checking out, but she did not offer an apology, or seem to care.

I would not stay here. Its a fleabag, friends, a fleagbag indeed.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank misspie75

Reviewed 2 October 2005

In the group of hotels in this area, this hotel stands out as the cleanest and most modern. The staff were friendly and the rooms comfortable. The free continental breakfast was a little on the skimpy side, but there is Cracker Barrel and Waffle House within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank diannemd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Home2 Suites by Hilton Opelika Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
Hampton Inn Auburn
#5 of 16 in Auburn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn

Address: 811 Fox Run Pkwy, Opelika, AL 36801-5995
Region: United States > Alabama > Opelika
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Price Range: £55 - £143 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Opelika