“Graduate School Trip”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Huntington Beach
“Graduate School Trip”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Staff was wonderful and helpful. Location made getting around easy. The amenities in the room were really nice to have. Hotel is older and could use a face lift. Bring your own pillows - theirs are fairly flat.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

SukhpreetKaurPreet, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Opelika, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
We at the Travelodge Opelika City care about your satisfaction before and during your stay.
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review on this site. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We continuously working on improving our motel's amenities. I put this pillows on our priority list. • We hope see you soon in future.
Please note that potential guests can now call/e-mail/visit us directly at the addresses/number listed above the photo of Travelodge Opelika City above.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
PHENIX CITY
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Bedding stained w/ burned cigarette holes, thnk goodness I brought my own comforter
Bugs crawling on wall (a big no no)
Maid knocking on window 2hrs before checkout
No wake-up call as requested

No lightbulbs in any light fixture

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank KELLIE B

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition,please know that your comments and issues will be addressed - with the front desk as well as the maintenance department. We have Pest Control company comes and sprays against Bugs every week. We believe we do everything in our power, but sometimes luggage that has come through previous hotels may carry them.

Guests can now call/e-mail/visit us at the address/number listed under the Travelodge photo above.
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We were tired and desperate for a place to sleep, and needed someplace pet friendly. I was hesitant to stop here and expected the worst, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. There were a couple of shady people hanging around the courtyard smoking cigarettes late at night when I took my dog out to walk, but I didn't have any problems. The bathroom was much better than expected and looked to have been recently remodeled. The beds were so-so, but weren't the worst I've ever slept on. The location was pretty quiet, despite being right beside the interstate. The night desk clerk was polite. The room seemed pretty clean. Overall, I wasn't too disappointed considering what I paid for the room. If you just need a place to lay your head and take a shower, this should fit the bill.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
SukhpreetKaurPreet, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Opelika, responded to this review, 17 January 2013

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that we continuously renovating our motel. We did renovate our Bathrooms recently, which you mentioned. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.