“Low quality” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Opelika

Days Inn Opelika
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Opelika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spartanburg, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

After searching for a pet friendly hotel near the East Alabama Medical Center, my fiancée and I chose this Days Inn because it was advertised that you could leave your pet unattended in the room. This was especially important since my fiancées mother had just had a heart attack and we would be visiting her together at the hospital. Let me mention here that the reason that we traveled with one of our dogs on this trip ( 8yr old boxer mix) is because she was recently diagnosed with liver cancer and I was not comfortable leaving her home with our pet sitter and our other dog and cat due to medications she needed to receive. That being said, I booked and paid for the room with my credit card on our way from SC to Alabama. That was my first mistake. I paid $75 + $20 pet fee before seeing the room. Upon checking in, I spoke with the manager and informed him that we had a dog. No problem... We got our room key and opened the door to the nastiest hotel room I've ever seen. Dirty, holy bedding. Smelled and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years. We should've asked for a refund then and left. If it weren't for our family member in the hospital, we would have. We needed to get to the hospital, so we sucked it up, got our dog as comfortable as possible and headed out. While entering the medical center, my phone rang and it was the manager who checked us in. He was saying that our dog was barking and scaring people. This alarmed me and I told him that I was on my way back to check on her. I raced back to the hotel to find my room door wide open and my dog no where to be found!! Frantically, I searched and called for her only to find her running from cars in the parkway in front of the hotel. She saw me and came running, luckily unscathed. After getting her and her things out of the room, I approached the lobby to speak with the manager. He had the nerve to tell me he didn't know how she had gotten out of the room! We all know you must have a key to open the door and as smart as my dog is, she is not able to turn a door handle and pull the heavy, weighted door open on her own! He had let her out bc she was barking and just let her run around searching for me in traffic. I was appalled, angry, shaking and all I could say was that what happened was unbelievable! I didn't get an apology, an offer of a refund... Nothing! Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE... EVER!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank longkathryn
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

It looks DECENT from the outside. I ordered a non-smoking queen size bed room. Upon walking up to the door, it had a non-smoking sign but when you walked it reeked of stale, old smoke, there was even an ash tray on the table. Clearly this was a smoking room. The carpet was atrocious, and I refused to walk barefoot on it, and if my clothes hit the floor then I would consider them dirty. The bathroom was equally as appalling. The tile on the floor was filthy and had not been cleaned. The shower head seems as if it were made for a person below 5'5" tall, and there is very poor lighting in the bathroom. The overall quality of the room was that it looks like somewhere you would take a cheap prostitute to.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Boom2014
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Days Inn, Opelika for a football weekend and could not have been more pleased with our stay! From the beginning, our experience was a pleasant one. Our check in was fast and the staff very friendly. They went above and beyond for us (quickly bringing us a new microwave when our was not working and proving us with extra towels). The room was very clean and comfortable. With respect to the amount we paid for the room I can definitely say this was one of the most pleasant experiences we have had at a Days Inn!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Stillwater, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

After traveling 8 hours we stopped to get a room. The lady at the front desk was very nice and assured us that the rooms were clean and they would accommodate us in any way we needed. When we went into the room, we noticed the carpet. They were disgusting and I do not believe they had been cleaned since it was built. Molding was missing from around the bottom of the walls and damaged sheetrock was visible. The shower had no water pressure whatsoever. For the rates that they charge they should pay you to stay there.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank BelindaR65
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here for Game Day weekend and it was a horrible experience. The sheets were stained and smelly. The wash cloths and towels were paper thin (one even had a hair stuck on it). The toilet seat was gross and someone tried to make it better by painting it. Forget about calling the front desk...no answer. Day inn should be ashamed to have their name associated with this place. Definitely not worth the 100 bucks a night even on Game Days. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Eve B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Quality Inn Opelika
#7 of 16 in Opelika
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
BEST WESTERN Auburn/Opelika Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites - Opelika

Been to Days Inn Opelika? Share your experiences!