“Wore out”
Review of Days Inn Opelika

Days Inn Opelika
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The pool was shut down and the bathroom had holes around the plumbing and looked rotten. The toilet shook. Also did not receive my wake up call.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wayne M

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I live in the area but needed to stay at a hotel for about a week. I chose this hotel because it was close to my home and was reasonably priced. I was very pleased when I first saw my room. It was neat and clean,tastefully decorated,and everything worked. You don't ever get this much quality for this price around this area. If you want to catch up on your sleep this is the perfect place as it was very quiet here. If you leave your do not disturb sign on your door housekeeping does not bother you after checkout time,unlike any hotel I've ever stayed in. One day the ice machine had stopped working so I went to the front desk to inquire about it. The owner/manager gave me ice from his own personal fridge and a couple of ice trays for my room fridge until the machine was repaired. I have never experienced such great personal customer service at any hotel. If I ever need a hotel here again I will definitely be back. This hotel is a jewel at a great price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

nothing special here. a lot of the usual stuff when you don't already know the place. broken ice machine, the pool has been shut down for quite sometime. more of the truck stop type of place but quiet and no ,noisy trucks running in and out all night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked this hotel because of the pool, and it was down for maintenance and they did not say it would not be open on the site. the toilet stopped working the next morning and when it did work the water ran all day. The staff was friendly and the cleaning ladies were very helpful, I will not book at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

After searching for a pet friendly hotel near the East Alabama Medical Center, my fiancée and I chose this Days Inn because it was advertised that you could leave your pet unattended in the room. This was especially important since my fiancées mother had just had a heart attack and we would be visiting her together at the hospital. Let me mention here that the reason that we traveled with one of our dogs on this trip ( 8yr old boxer mix) is because she was recently diagnosed with liver cancer and I was not comfortable leaving her home with our pet sitter and our other dog and cat due to medications she needed to receive. That being said, I booked and paid for the room with my credit card on our way from SC to Alabama. That was my first mistake. I paid $75 + $20 pet fee before seeing the room. Upon checking in, I spoke with the manager and informed him that we had a dog. No problem... We got our room key and opened the door to the nastiest hotel room I've ever seen. Dirty, holy bedding. Smelled and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years. We should've asked for a refund then and left. If it weren't for our family member in the hospital, we would have. We needed to get to the hospital, so we sucked it up, got our dog as comfortable as possible and headed out. While entering the medical center, my phone rang and it was the manager who checked us in. He was saying that our dog was barking and scaring people. This alarmed me and I told him that I was on my way back to check on her. I raced back to the hotel to find my room door wide open and my dog no where to be found!! Frantically, I searched and called for her only to find her running from cars in the parkway in front of the hotel. She saw me and came running, luckily unscathed. After getting her and her things out of the room, I approached the lobby to speak with the manager. He had the nerve to tell me he didn't know how she had gotten out of the room! We all know you must have a key to open the door and as smart as my dog is, she is not able to turn a door handle and pull the heavy, weighted door open on her own! He had let her out bc she was barking and just let her run around searching for me in traffic. I was appalled, angry, shaking and all I could say was that what happened was unbelievable! I didn't get an apology, an offer of a refund... Nothing! Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE... EVER!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank longkathryn
Reviewed 27 January 2014

It looks DECENT from the outside. I ordered a non-smoking queen size bed room. Upon walking up to the door, it had a non-smoking sign but when you walked it reeked of stale, old smoke, there was even an ash tray on the table. Clearly this was a smoking room. The carpet was atrocious, and I refused to walk barefoot on it, and if my clothes hit the floor then I would consider them dirty. The bathroom was equally as appalling. The tile on the floor was filthy and had not been cleaned. The shower head seems as if it were made for a person below 5'5" tall, and there is very poor lighting in the bathroom. The overall quality of the room was that it looks like somewhere you would take a cheap prostitute to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Boom2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
Quality Inn Opelika
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 17 in Opelika
Home2 Suites by Hilton Opelika Auburn

Been to Days Inn Opelika? Share your experiences!