“BH in Gainesville”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gainesville, Florida
“BH in Gainesville”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel was clean and neat in appearance. The service was good and the mattress was very comfortable. The location made it easy to find and restaurants were easily acceptable. We had dinner at B&B Family restaurant which was very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Neil P, Operations Manager at BEST WESTERN Opp Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Wonderful! And thank so much for sharing your experience on the TripAdvisor website! Thank you so much for recognizing our hotel. I will share your comments with our entire team. Recognition such as yours means a great deal and is greatly appreciated. Please return again soon!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Croswell, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This place is in the middle of nowhere, but as it turns out I was there for a few days.
The room here was outstanding, it's no old world suite and it is a bit pricy in my opinion but they had high quality fresh linens and towels. The room was spotless, I think I could have eaten off of the floor. The entire hotel was well kept and the pool was perfect.
The continental breakfast had a million choices including hot breakfast such as eggs, pancakes and waffles. The crowd I was there with was a rowdy bunch but they had no problems accommodating us, simply grouped us all together at one end of the hotel and we pretty much had one wing to ourselves. It was great and the owner was a great host, plus I even had a moment to chat and trade veteran stories with him as he is an out of service Navy man. They also have a sauna and they have free wifi but I didn't use these, it was already hot and I was on vacation so I didn't need to work. Overall great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Hope all is well you way!

Thank you for this terrific review and for posting it on TripAdvisor! I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We thank you for choosing us for your stay'. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope we will see you again soon! Go NAVY!

Andalusia, Alabama
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had to spend a couple of nights away from home and found this hotel to be very comfortable, clean and friendly. The bed was so comfortable it gave me the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. If I have to spend more nights away from home, this is the place I would go. In fact, I would look for a Best Western first when I travel. Oh, and the breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hello hope all is well your way,

I love when we get it right......I'm so please to see that you had an enjoyable stay by having a great night sleep with us and that my team made the difference. That is what we are here for to ensure you have a great stay with us. Be sure and come back and visit us again soon. We will have breakfast ready!

Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a very clean, neat hotel located conveniently on the bypass of Opp, Alabama. The owners are very personable and make every effort to ensure your visit is perfect. I recommend it highly. The room was so comfortable. The breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Hello hope all is well your way,

Our team loves to hear that you had a great stay . We strive to exceed your expectations every stay so glad to hear such positive feedback. The team appreciates your loyalty with Best Western and hopes to see you back soon.

With hospitality,

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Very clean American Veteran owned and operated. Just be sure to put do not disturb as well tell front desk you don't want to be bothered before check out time if you don't want to be awakened, as I find at a lot of hotel / motels . I pay to be in comfort until check out time and that is what i expect... More of a personal thing I suppose but the motel is very nice. appox. 4 years old.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Neil P, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Opp Inn, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Sorry for replying late but thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback from your recent stay, I will ensure the housekeeping department has been talked to about calling you before check out. Our entire team knows not to call or bother a room until it is checkout time, again my apologies to you. We value your loyalty and hope to see you back soon.

With hospitality,

Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went to Opp over Labor Day for a family reunion and stayed one night in the Best Western. Its fairly new and is clean. Small two story interior corridor with an elevator. I did notice a note taped on the elevator wall that asks people to control their children so they don't disturb people downstairs and as I went to bed, I could clearly hear people in the next room having a conversation. One other curious thing to take note of...there are two LARGE notices on the front door advising that there were NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS available. I found that really curious as many times travelling into a new destination a, rest room break is first on the agenda even before checking in. This is not uncommon for businesses located in a busy tourist area but this thing is out in the middle of nowhere.

Its the best choice in Opp. And if I have to go back to Opp, God forbid, I will stay there.

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably better considering the admission that the downstairs rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Opp Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your Labor Day weekend stay with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Three Diamond designation and M.K. Guertin Award. I am glad you found our hotel new and clean. Our hotel was full due to the Labor Day weekend as we had several reunions and a wedding taking place. Please understand that the sign in the elevator was put up due to 8 baseball teams staying with us throughout the summer months. As you can imagine 8 thru 11 year olds running and playing thru the hallways would be quite loud. Most customers actually like the sign as they would thank us for trying to keep kids from running thru the hallways and making a lot noise. This is the reason I kept the sign up in the elevator. The signs at the front door were put up due to numerous people headed to the beaches of Florida would stop thru-out the day and night. You are right we are one of the only businesses on the new bypass and that is the reason we had to put up the sign. Even tour buses would stop to use the restroom, now we do not mind if they use the restroom but not at late hours of the night as we lock all entrance/exit doors for our customers for safety. The restrooms up front are open to our customers and there family/friends at any hour. Travelers still use our restrooms even with the signs posted and we let them. I have 2 little kids and understand about needing restrooms while traveling. Hopefully we will be able to take down the restroom signs as soon as the new gas station and restaurant opens beside us. Thanks again for your feedback, hope you have a great day!
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel meets the expectation of an experience traveler. Most important hotel is exactly as described in the website and even more. Staff and manager are very knowledgeable of the area and ensure you feel welcome at their hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello and greetings from Opp! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us; we truly do love receiving feedback of all kinds from our valued guests. I'm so pleased that you had a relaxing time during your stay with us! Thanks again for your comments. Please come back and see us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opp
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andalusia
#5 of 5 in Andalusia
Executive Inn Opp
Executive Inn Opp
#2 of 2 in Opp

Been to BEST WESTERN Opp Inn? Share your experiences!